Basecamp - project management software and collaboration tool is designed to store and share information within a team. It includes a calendar and to-do section, but is it not a project planning software.
Pricing of Basecamp
Click here to get detailed pricing as per your requirements.
Key Features of Basecamp
keyboard_arrow_right Time Tracking
keyboard_arrow_right Application Integration
keyboard_arrow_right Portfolio Management
keyboard_arrow_right Requirements Management
keyboard_arrow_right Email Integration
keyboard_arrow_right Task Management
keyboard_arrow_right Data Imports/Exports
keyboard_arrow_right File Sharing
keyboard_arrow_right Idea Management
keyboard_arrow_right Project Planning
keyboard_arrow_right Document Comparison
|Other Categories||Collaboration Software , Any Industry Software , Task Management Software|
Who uses Basecamp
- Newsroom is a section to share news and messages. It works like a discussion forum, with a message topic and then content and replies. It also includes section on the right side of the page, with a list of closes upcoming events from the calendar.
- Pages is probably the key functionality of the whole application. You can create informational page about various events or topics. It allows you to combine notes, files, pictures and to-do lists and creating this page is very simple. This tool would be useful for planning events, business trips, preparing presentations or just providing general information about specific topic. Possibility to upload files and comments is available here as well. The pages could be private, visible just for specified users or public visible for all users of the system.
- Calendar offers standard functions you expect from it. It is very similar to well known Google calendar.
- Reminders section allows you to add task, you want to be reminded about, either by email or text message. You can also set a reminder to other person.
- Journal is a section where each member of a team can post status about what he is working on at the moment. Then there is a wall where you can see all status updates from your colleagues. It works exactly like statuses on Facebook, however you only see status updates on the wall, no photos are involved. This feature could be useful for a team leader who wants to know, what exactly are his team members working on at every moment.
- Whiteboards are text documents that could be used for sharing information or writing documents in a group. Users can also add comments and the versioning system allows them to roll back or see who made which change. The difference between Whiteboards and Pages is in its format - Whiteboards contain just simple textual information, while Pages combine pictures, lists, files.
Basecamp User Reviews (5)
Ask a question
Basecamp User Reviews (5) Ask a question
Easy to Use and Efficient
I will say Basecamp is the best project management software, of all times. Its integrated features, user-friendly applications and advanced technology sums up the overall experience of my project team. As a team leader, I am highly benefited by its live reporting and time tracking features. It has also helped my team to develop better understanding of various projects and work towards its successful completion. With this collaboration software, I now witness a better teamwork and a sharp increase in productivity.
The success of our team lies in Basecamp
The success of our team lies in Basecamp. With this project management system, we discuss and share our projects more conveniently. We also benefit from its marvellous features like email integration, application integration and task management. Not to miss its real-time reporting and time tracking module which keep us updated on the latest project status. This collaboration software also promotes a collaborative effort of all team members, thus keeping everyone in action.
Basecamp has helped my team with better project management skills. It is a comprehensive project management software that aids in our day-to-day activities and ventures. It has the most dynamic applications that enable us to store and share information from one place. We plan our to-do-list way in advance and review our project schedule every alternate days. Using its project management system, we are more aware about specific project requirements and have gradually improved our productivity.
Perfect Project Management Product
We are a university where there is a federal system. For a project to be done, multi-level approvals are needed. Basecamp helps us with the job perfectly! Anyone of us can add comments while the other person works on the document. One can learn to use it very easily and it got installed quickly too
Great Tracking System
I have a habit of forgetting the tasks and it is not possible to write each task on the Notes. The project management and collaboration tool - Basecamp reminds me through an email about the tasks that are pending. Also, it helps me to find the files in a fraction of a second through its great tracking system. At this price, it more than worth the investment.
FAQs of Basecamp
Q. What are the main features of Basecamp?
The key features of Basecamp are as follows:
label Time Tracking
label Application Integration
label Portfolio Management
label Requirements Management
Q. How much do the Basecamp cost?
The Basecamp has 1 plan - Business USD 99 (Month).
Free trial : Available (no card required).
Q. Who are the typical users of Basecamp?
Basecamp has the following typical customers: Startups, SMEs, Agencies, Enterprises.
Q. Which mobile platform does Basecamp support?
Basecamp supports the following devices: IOS, Android
Q. Which operating system does Basecamp support?
Basecamp support the following operation system : Web App
Q. What payment method does Basecamp support?
Basecamp support the following payment methods : SAAS.
Q. What is the deployment type?
Basecamp has deployment type : Web Base.