Nowadays, the business owners try to reach the desired objectives and achieve the high revenue in the short term. However, the companies forget to keep up with times and changes in the client requirements. So, a core of the successful business running lies in monitoring the areas that have a connection with your product or service.
With the goal to meet the customers’ needs and stay competitive, a number of organizations consider moving their CRM data to the advanced platforms. Still, a thought of a wide range of CRM systems and tricky process of data import induces many business owners to feel uncertainty and hesitations about CRM data migration. Let’s determine the primary ways of the data transfer and help you avoid any potential pitfalls during the transition.
CRM Data Migration: Gain New Business Opportunities
Generally speaking, CRM data import is a process of moving CRM information from CSV files or existing platform to the destination solution. The migration project obtains the several stages like preparation, selection of the migration technique and implementation of the actions afterward.
Must-Dos Before CRM Transfer
Since thorough planning is an essential step towards the successful data import, consider the next activities before the migration:
- Optimize your database. Clean out the unnecessary and outdated records, as well as the copies of items.
- Arrange a backup plan. If you want to avoid any unpleasant accidents and restore records losses, it is suggested to run a backup before the CRM data migration.
- Notify the employees. Hold the meeting and announce your employees about the upcoming CRM data import, as well as explain how the company can benefit from a change.
Data Import Methods
After the preparation steps are behind, you can proceed with actual data import. So, there are 2 ways of completing the CRM data migration – manual and automated.
- Manual : Perform the data transfer on your own via file transition. So, what you have to do is just copy the data from the current solution and paste them items into a future CRM software. However, it is recommended to keep in mind that data mapping is a challenging task, in case of done wrong, you can reduce chances of the successful results. Also, if you want to move any custom fields, there is a possibility of wasting a lot of time and efforts.
- Automated : Get a chance to migrate the CRM records swiftly, securely and automatedly. Take advantage of the automated migration service Data2CRM and perform the data import without programming or copy/pasting activities. The SaaS enables you with the beneficial features of the modules mapping and a free Demo migration. In this case, you can map the fields and users in accordance with your business requirements and check how the service functions in action. Also, an automated tool guarantees the total uptime of both CRMs and offers you the Migration Insurance to run a transfer over if you want to make any changes.
After all complicated stages are behind, consider to perform a few more activities to assure the smooth implementation of the desired CRM:
- explore if all migrated records are in the right places;
- set up workflow rules and reporting filters;
- equip your team with the required tutorials, as well as ask the employees’ feedback for tracking their achievements to reward or failures to help them solve any issues.
CRM data migration is a necessary task towards the new business opportunities and success. Notwithstanding, the process can be complicated, the thorough planning and preparation can simplify the data import. Take the above-mentioned tips and tricks into consideration and move to the desired results of your business.