Jotform: No. 1 In Form Automation Software
If you want to run your business successfully, the opinion of your customers is what matters.
The ultimate aim of your business should be to make your customers happy.
If a customer is satisfied with your product or service, they will refer your business to their friends and family. In other words, happy customers act as a promotional tool for your company.
Get Free Demo: Best Customer Engagement Software in 2023
However, an unhappy customer is more likely to spread negative reviews about your companies.
That’s why it’s important to conduct surveys to know what your customers are thinking.
It reveals whether your customers are happy with your products or services, or it has left them feeling frustrated.
Either way, getting their feedback helps you understand what is working for you and which aspects of the business/products need improvement.
It also helps you understand what motivates them and how they perceive you and your company. This information can be quite useful when you are formulating your business strategy to reach organizational goals.
This brings to our main question:
How to collect customer satisfaction surveys?
Luckily, we live in the era of the internet. Collecting customer satisfaction feedback has never been easier than before.
There are many customer feedback software that offers a platform to easily collect feedback.
It not only collects but also helps analyze them to help reach a conclusion.
This software helps you create surveys that you can deliver via email and your website. It keeps track of all your customer feedback from various sources in a single dashboard. All the data are properly stored, organized, and analyzed to provide useful insights.
And since all the data is collected at a single platform, you can easily monitor changes in customer satisfaction over time.
In short, to successfully collect feedback, you need to have the right customer feedback analysis survey tool.
Top 12 Appropriate Customer Survey Tools
There are different methods to collect different types of feedback.
If you want to know how loyal your customers are, you will need to conduct a Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey. Then, there are Customer Effort Score (CES) surveys that reveal if the customers are getting the support they need.
Similarly, Customer satisfaction (CSAT) surveys help you understand how satisfied your customers are at different stages of their journey.
Once you know what feedback you want to collect and have chosen the delivery method for your goal, it becomes easy to choose the right feedback tool.
Let’s look at the top customer satisfaction survey tools that you can consider using.
1. Zonka Feedback
Zonka Feedback is one of the best and easy-to-use Customer Satisfaction Software and Survey Apps that work effectively to collect customer feedback and measure and improve customer satisfaction and experience. With Zonka Feedback, you can create effective customized surveys with its ready-to-use survey templates for different industries and 40+ question types and collect customer feedback at every touchpoint.
Getting customer feedback lets you know how your customers feel about your products, services, and experience with your business, and you come in a better position to satisfy your customers and boost your start-up business.
With Zonka Feedback, you get awesome features like real-time feedback alerts through which you get notified at the right time about survey responses and feedback. With this information, you can take the right actions to improve the customer experience at the right time, close the feedback loop effectively, and prevent churn.
The tool works through multiple channels and can capture responses offline, i.e., without an active internet connection. You can integrate with other tools like Slack, Mailchimp, Zapier, Zendesk, Shopify, Hubspot, ActiveCampaign, Salesforce, and more to make your work seamless. You can also use Zonka Feedback to measure CX metrics like NPS, CSAT, and CES and track your business growth with its advanced reporting and analysis.
- Effective Survey Builder to create customized surveys, multilingual surveys, and logical surveys with survey logic
- Sending surveys through multiple channels like SMS, email, website, tablets, and smartphones.
- Manage feedback from multiple branches from a centralized location
- Advanced analysis and reports like snapshot reports, response reports, trends reports, team performance reports, and more.
- Real-time response alerts to get notified about feedback received at the right time and take an immediate act
There are different pricing options for Zonka Feedback.
- Professional Plan – $79/month
- Growth Plan – $169/ month
- Enterprise Plan – $429/month
- Custom Plan – Customized price quotes
It also offers a Free Trial for 15 days.
If you’re looking for a straightforward, highly customizable customer feedback tool to add to your workflow, Simplesat is the best for you! Simplesat provides a fun and headache-free way to collect CSAT, CES (Customer Effort Score), and NPS (Net Promoter Score) feedback. You can collect customer satisfaction data directly through ConnectWise, Zendesk, Autotask, Salesforce, Freshdesk, HubSpot, or any other helpdesk.
It’s also easy to send customer surveys via your email signature. Or you can send surveys directly from Simplesat! All your feedback ends up in one place – making it easy to analyze and take action.
Simplesat is the best option for:
- IT Service Providers (MSPs)
- Technology companies with customer service teams
- Companies using helpdesks such as Zendesk, Freshdesk, Intercom, Salesforce, HubSpot, ConnectWise or Autotask
Customized Surveys: Questionnaires don’t have to be boring. With Simplesat, you can build fun, intuitive surveys unique to your brand and vision.
Feedback Reporting: You can keep a close eye on your team and favorite clients through the detailed insights page. Make use of Simplesat’s filters to focus on the data that matters.
Real-time Alerts: Real-time notification is available through emails, Slack or Microsoft Teams.
One-click Feedback Publishing: With just one click, you can publish the testimonials collected with Simplesat directly to your website and ensure your website stays fresh and up to date!.
Simplesat offers different pricing options depending on your needs:
- Yearly Standard Plan – $79/month
- Monthly Standard Plan – $99/month
- Yearly Pro Plan (with custom branding and multi-brand support) – $199/ month
- Monthly Pro Plan – $249/ month
- Custom Plans for higher volume accounts – Customized price quotes
Get your free 14- day trial plan here.
3. Help Scout
Help Scout is an easy and affordable helpdesk software to help support your customers. Help Scout lets you gather feedback from your customers with their email satisfaction rating tool. This allows your customers to rate every email that you send them.
You can include up to three different rating options (great, okay, not good) in your emails. How you present those options is completely up to you: you could use text, icons, buttons, and more. This is because Help Scout gives you a full HTML editor to customize the options in whatever way you want.
Help Scout also lets you translate those options into another language if your target audience speaks a regional language. You can then set up the app or email notifications to stay up-to-date with every review.
- You can add customer satisfaction surveys at the end of any email that you like
- Setup notifications whenever you receive a review or just reviews of a certain rating
- Customize your rating options however you like with the HTML editor
- Standard: From $20 per month
- Plus: From $35 per month
- Company: From $60 per month
There’s also a 15-day free trial available.
Outgrow is a user-loved all-in-one customer satisfaction tool for your business. It not only lets marketers and digital agencies create powerful surveys, but also a lot of other content types like quizzes, calculators, chatbots, assessments, polls, and giveaways to boost their marketing efforts.
These interactive content types help companies generate nearly 30% more new leads and increase their social footprint. Outgrow stands out because it is easy to use and requires no coding knowledge.
It offers 1000+ templates to choose from and robust analytics and automation powers to make your marketing campaigns a success. Users have loved and highly rated Outgrow because of its excellent customer support.
- Smart lead generation and segmentation capabilities with powerful analytics feature
- Ready-to-use templates for different industries, use-case, and content types with drag and drop customization
- Integrate your survey with 1000+ tools and embed it on websites, social media, and email newsletters
- Basic: Free
- Freelancer Limited: $14 per month
- Freelancer: $25 per month
- Essential: $95 per month
5. Google Forms
Google Forms is the most obvious choice when it comes to collecting customer surveys.
It is one of the most popular and quickest ways to gather feedback. With its easy to drag-and-drop feature, you can quickly place and organize different elements on the form.
It allows you to choose between a palette of colors, select your own background image, and much more.
The best thing is that it integrates with Google spreadsheets, making it easy to view and analyze your collected data.
Plus, the interface is quite easy to use. And, you only need a Google account to get started.
- Allows you to collect the customer’s email address and limit the responses
- Supports various forms such as quick poll, pop quiz, multiple-choice, and more
- Forms are highly responsive to adjust with different screen sizes
Also, Read: 11 Steps to Handle Customer Complaints in 2020
Qualaroo is a sophisticated survey and user research tool that allows you to collect and analyze customer feedback from a unified dashboard. With its advanced features like 12+ answer types, advanced audience targeting, skip logic, automatic survey language translation, debranding, and more, you can design any survey in minutes.
Another important feature of Qualaroo is the built-in sentiment and text analytics engine, which helps close the feedback loop quickly. It sorts survey responses in real time based on user moods and highlights key phrases and words to allow for faster feedback analysis.
The ability to deploy surveys across multiple channels at the same time is what makes Qualaroo so effective in driving higher response rates. Furthermore, it supports over 40+ integrations for exporting survey data to workspace tools, allowing you to boost your marketing, product development, and customer success strategies.
- Easy-to-use visual editor to create surveys in minutes.
- Supports multi-channel survey deployment, i.e., website, mobile web, mobile app, link, email, SMS, social media, design prototype, and more.
- Leverages AI-based sentiment analysis engine for quick feedback analysis.
- Essentials Plan: $80/month when billed annually
- Premium Plan: $160/month when billed annually
- Enterprise Plan: Quote on request
7. JotForm Survey Maker
JotForm Survey Maker is an extremely popular and capable survey tool. Considering it’s a part of the wide toolset of the online data collection giant JotForm, one can’t go wrong with this option.
JotForm Survey Maker allows you to create interactive surveys, quizzes, polls, and any type of online form in a matter of minutes. The ease-to-use interface powered with numerous features and widgets makes it both a great tool for creating simple surveys and more complicated specific surveys.
It’s drag & drop nature requires zero coding knowledge and the tool offers hundreds of integrations and more than 10,000 templates to work with. Surveys created in JotForm can be shared in various ways including, but not limited to, shareable links, website embeds, QR codes, and social shares.
The tool comes with a free version with every single feature unlocked. The paid plans that are on the affordable side, are required for more frequent uses with a large volume of responses.
- Easy-to-use drag & drop survey maker
- Hundreds of integrations & 10,000+ templates
- Strong security options (HIPAA, GDPR, PSD2, etc)
- Free plan
- Bronze: $29.00 per month
- Silver: $39.00 per month
- Gold: $99.00 per month
SoGoSurvey is a powerful yet affordable customer satisfaction survey tool.
It offers a robust set of features that enables you to collect customer feedback at any touchpoint. There are 27 methods available to distribute and gather surveys.
Another unique thing about SoGoSurvey is that it integrates with your CRM system. That means, it can automatically collect feedback and analyze it to provide in-depth insights into your customer value and satisfaction level. It helps companies identify different pain points that can affect their customer’s experience.
Plus, this sophisticated system works perfectly fine with other third-party applications. Some of which include Asana, Salesforce, and more.
- Can review and generate reports in real-time
- Easily accessible data, protected by stringent security protocols
- Offers a dedicated native web app for iOS and Android
- Basic: Free
- Plus: $25 per month
- Pro: $66 per month
- Premium: $99 per month
- Enterprise: Quote on request
9. Survey Monkey
Another popular customer satisfaction survey tool is Survey Monkey.
Using Survey Monkey, you can easily create polls, quizzes, and surveys to collect feedback from your audiences.
The best part is that you can deliver your survey forms via various mediums, including weblink, chats, emails, social media channels, and much more. Once the data is collected, it then automatically analyzes it to offer useful insights.
What’s more, you can seamlessly integrate the Survey Monkey app with other applications and export your data.
No wonder they are the global leader in survey software.
- Promotes easy collaboration on the entire survey process
- Offers the best security encrypted survey platform
- Has an intuitive and user-friendly interface for the ease of use
- Basic: Free
- Team Advantage: ₹1550 per user per month
- Team Premier: ₹3880 per user per month
- Enterprise: Quote on request
SurveySparrow is one of the most powerful customer satisfaction survey tools that lets you craft professional-looking forms effortlessly.
Not only customers, but it also helps you collect feedback from your employees and help create a conducive work environment.
SurveySparrow has a 40 percent completion rate, and it enables you to deliver surveys via multiple channels. Thus, it ensures that you reach wider audiences easily and quickly.
Moreover, the tool is GDPR-compliant to protect your data privacy. Besides, you can manage multiple accounts under a single parent account for different teams in your organization.
- Enables you to receive survey reports in your inbox at a configured time
- Allows you to easily customize your forms designs and formats
- Have a reliable and active customer support team in place
- Free plan
- Basic: Starting at $19 per month
QuestionPro is a popular customer feedback software that can be used by all sizes of companies.
Using the tool, you can quickly create online polls, add multiple type questions to your surveys, and much more. It also allows you to customize the look of the survey to give your brand feel.
What’s more, you can deploy these survey forms in seconds and have the data collected analyzed in real-time.
You can deliver your surveys via emails, integrated pop-ups, and social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. Besides, it is quite easy to use and understand.
- Has an active support team in place, which is available 24*7
- Offers high-end encryption and GDPR compliance for your data privacy
- Has an in-build library of pre-designed templates that can be customized
- Essential: Free
- Advanced: $85 per month
- Enterprise: Quote on request
12. Zoho Survey
Last but not the least, we have the Zoho Survey on our list.
Zoho Survey is a quite popular satisfaction survey tool that lets you create online surveys for free.
It lets you quickly share online surveys with your contacts list. You can deliver forms via emails and social media channels. The best part is that the SSL protection ensures that all your surveys are safe and private.
What’s more, it generates customizable reports to help you make informed decisions. It can create a graphical representation of data for easy understanding.
One unique thing is that it lets you collaborate by inviting your team members to edit the surveys and share reports with them.
- Has an inbuilt library of pre-designed templates that can be customized
- Easily integrates with top business leading applications, including Google Apps, MailChimp, and Sheets
- Can export survey data in standard formats (.csv or .xls)
- Plus: ₹500 per month
- Pro: ₹1300 per month
- Enterprise: ₹3000 per month
Typeform is one of the best customer satisfaction survey tools.
Even though collecting surveys have become easy, customers find it boring to fill the form. To help increase your response rate, it helps you create interactive surveys that can pique customers’ interest.
With its drag-and-drop feature, you can easily create surveys. It allows you to include multiple-choice questions, rating scales, pictures to choose from, and opinion scale depending on the interest of your target audience.
Furthermore, the interface is intuitive and user-friendly. You can easily export data from Typeform into your main system.
- Offers free API to easily integrate your surveys and forms with other applications
- Has a library of predefined templates for different purposes, which can be customized
- Compatible with various devices, including desktops, mobile phones, and tablets
- Basic: Free
- Essential: $35 per month
- Professional: $35 per month
- Premium: $70 per month
Before I end, let me share a final tip.
Having the right survey is important. But it is equally crucial to strategically create your surveys to encourage participation. Some of the best practices include:
- Give them incentives to fill up the forms
- Make sure that it is responsive on mobile devices
- Try to avoid graphics and videos
- Keep your surveys short
What are the other survey tools that you are currently using? I would love to hear about them in the comment section below.
Kiran Bajpai is Marketing Associate at SoftwareSuggest. Her expertise lies in Software Analysis. She can never get bored of reading books, especially those related to History and Politics.