- Customizable CRMs are pre-made platforms that enable users to adapt specific elements to their needs within an existing framework. In contrast, custom CRM systems are individually built from scratch for specific organizations, offering unparalleled customization but at a high cost.
- A well-chosen customizable CRM empowers your team to deliver exceptional customer experiences. Enhancing productivity through automation, user-friendly interfaces, and powerful reporting tools improves customer satisfaction.
- The best customizable CRM is a strategic choice that needs significant consideration. It’s important to pick a CRM that perfectly matches your company’s operations.
Customers are king. The better you serve them, the more ROI your companies boost!
Customer relationships are the core of businesses. Managing it is crucial as it fosters customer loyalty. So, how do you start?
Looking for CRM Software? Check out SoftwareSuggest’s list of the best CRM Software solutions.
Businesses can kickstart streamlining their management journey with customer relationship management software. The global CRM software market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 12%, jumping from USD 71.06 billion in 2023 to USD 157.53 billion by 2030.
But don’t you think every company has different requirements? Customizable CRM software is the best option to address and cater to such necessities!
Let’s delve a little deeper into learning about customizable CRM. We’ll also help you choose the top customizable CRM solutions.
What Is a Customizable CRM?
A customizable CRM platform is an off-the-shelf software solution that empowers users to modify specific aspects of the CRM system to match their distinct business needs and preferences. The adaptability allows businesses to enhance their customer relationship management processes without requiring extensive custom development, resulting in a cost-effective and streamlined solution tailored to their unique CRM demands.
Imagine a content management company that manages digital content for multiple clients. Now, the company has purchased customizable CRM software, but it lacks the custom reporting feature.
Selecting the ideal customizable CRM for your business requires thoughtful consideration. Assess customization, ease of use, integration, scalability, automation, reporting, support, security, and cost-effectiveness. Find the CRM that aligns with your needs and budget, and watch your business thrive with exceptional customer experiences at its core.
The company can design custom reports and analytics dashboards with the customizable CRM. They can track key performance indicators like content engagement, client satisfaction, and project timelines.
A customizable CRM has thus helped the content management company to enhance client relationships, streamline project management, and adapt to evolving business needs within the framework of an off-the-shelf software platform without the high cost and complexity of building a custom solution from scratch.
Customizable vs. Custom CRM Software
A customizable CRM platform is a ready-made, off-the-shelf software application that empowers users to adapt certain components to align with their requirements.
In contrast, custom CRM software is a customer relationship management platform designed exclusively for a specific company. Usually crafted by in-house developers or external professionals, custom CRM solutions are tailor-made. You can build your own CRM system!
|Custom CRM System
|Customizable CRM System
|It is made from scratch.
|It is a pre-built software.
|Cost & Time
|Creating custom CRM solutions requires significant time, cost, and resources.
|Since it provides customization within an existing framework, it is cost-effective and time-efficient.
|Offers unlimited customization potential.
|Users can customize predefined elements like workflows and reports for tailored adjustments.
|Longer implementation time.
|Doesn’t take much time to implement.
|Large enterprises and multi-national corporations.
|Small and medium-sized businesses.
What are The Benefits of A Customizable CRM?
A customizable CRM system is a dynamic solution that empowers businesses to shape their customer management processes according to their distinct needs. Let’s look at some of the most crucial benefits it offers.
1. Tailored to Specific Needs
Businesses can create customized data fields and modules within the CRM to gather and handle information specific to their industry or organization. Companies can create workflows that reflect their unique processes. By ensuring that tasks and approvals proceed in the specific sequence required by the business, this modification helps to prevent errors and bottlenecks.
2. Improved Efficiency
Routine processes, like lead nurturing, order processing, or customer care ticket routing, can be automated with the help of customizable CRMs. This automation saves time and resources while increasing the speed of customer service. Integrating CRM with other crucial tools, like email marketing platforms or accounting software, streamlined data transmission, and manual data entry is no longer necessary.
3. Enhanced User Adoption
When customized to fit existing workflows, employees find a CRM more user-friendly and intuitive. They are more inclined to accept the system and use it efficiently.
Users’ learning curves are shortened with customized CRMs, simplifying and accelerating training.
A company needs more features and functionalities as it grows. Customizable CRMs simplify adding new integrations, modules, or reports without completely redesigning the system.
Businesses can scale up user access or permissions to accommodate a growing workforce without compromising security or data integrity.
5. Improved Decision-Making
Organizations can design reports and dashboards specifically to meet their demands for data analysis with customizable CRMs. It involves tracking the key performance indicators for the company, such as sales volume, client retention rates, and response times for customer support.
Decision-makers can quickly make informed choices with access to up-to-date customized data. This data-driven approach enhances strategic planning and helps identify areas for improvement.
Interesting read: 25 Best Free CRM Software In 2023
8 Best Customizable CRM Software
Let’s look at the top options that allow companies to customize their customer relationship management platforms to meet specific needs and workflows.
|Workflows and blueprint customization, Opportunity and pipeline management
|Sales forecasting , Custom objects
|Case management, Desktop integration
|Custom fields, Deal management
|Basic: ₹1590/5 users/month
|Project management, Live chat engagement
|Email tracking, Marketing automation
|Quote and order management, Custom automated tasks
|Suite team: $55/user/month
|Ticket creation user experience, Custom pipeline stages
1. Zoho CRM
Zoho CRM is a robust customer relationship management software well-known for its adaptability and cost. A popular option for small to mid-sized businesses, Zoho CRM lets businesses manage leads, streamline sales processes, communicate with customers, and make data-driven decisions.
Its free plan is especially beneficial for small businesses that need to track leads and contacts. For advanced functionalities, organizations can opt for a paid plan. Additionally, Zoho CRM integrates with third-party tools like Mailchimp, Google Analytics, and QuickBooks.
- Templates customization
- Lead management
- Workflows and blueprint customization
- Opportunity and pipeline management
- Page layout customization
- Standard: ₹800/user/month
- Professional: ₹1400/user/month
- Enterprise: ₹2400/user/month
- Ultimate: ₹2600/user/month
- It has excellent automation features for sales and email marketing.
- The tool has an integrated suite of over 45 applications.
- It is easy to navigate and store client information.
- Sometimes, the tool does not send proper follow-ups and sync the data properly .
- The user interface and design of certain applications are less intuitive.
Salesforce Sales Cloud is a robust sales automation and CRM platform. It delivers a 360-degree view of leads and opportunities and motivates the sales teams to improve processes while centralizing valuable customer data. Salesforce Sales Cloud manages contacts, accounts, reporting, dashboards, and predictive analysis. It offers the flexibility to customize the software by incorporating specific functionalities to enhance overall operational effectiveness.
- Custom reports
- Contact and account management
- Custom email templates and processes
- Sales forecasting
- Custom objects
- Starter: $25/user/month
- Professional: $80/user/month
- Enterprise: $165/user/month
- Unlimited: $330/user/month
- It is easy to create and share relevant reports and dashboards.
- The tool is highly scalable and meets the growing demands of businesses.
- You get a 360-degree view of information to follow sales and lead management.
- The implementation and training are complex.
- Storing large amounts of data incurs additional costs.
3. Hubspot CRM
HubSpot CRM is an easy-to-use cloud-based customer relationship management tool. Businesses can use it to manage contacts, automate sales procedures, and keep track of customer interactions. Companies aiming to improve their sales and marketing initiatives frequently use HubSpot CRM data owing to its versatility. It offers a unified environment that promotes team cooperation and enables companies to monitor, arrange, and conclude sales processes effortlessly.
- Customizable reports
- Email marketing
- Case management
- Desktop integration
- Customizable support form fields
For businesses and enterprises:
- Professional: $1600/month
- Enterprise: $5000/month
For individuals and small teams:
- Free tools
- The tool is easy to navigate and manages sales operations seamlessly.
- It offers seamless integration and automation features.
- The tool makes it easy to quickly build custom dashboards.
- The tool does not auto-save the work live other CRM software.
- The contact page, at times, gets jumbled, and it gets challenging to narrow down the leads.
Pipedrive is a customizable CRM renowned for its simple user interface and powerful sales-focused capabilities. It enables companies to track leads, personalize sales pipelines, and streamline their sales processes.
It simplifies users’ customization of deal stages within the deal and pipeline modules. This includes the ability to adjust settings for closing probability percentages and when to activate the indication for deals that may need attention. Pipedrive is great for sales teams looking for effective and customizable CRM solutions.
- Custom real-time reporting and dashboards
- Products catalog
- Custom fields
- Deal management
- Team and individual goal-tracking
- Essential: $9.90/user/month/annually
- Advanced: $19.90/user/month/annually
- Professional: $39/user/month/annually
- Power: $49/user/month/annually
- Enterprise: $59/user/month/annually
- The drag-and-drop feature makes it simple and easy to move deals between phases.
- It offers seamless integration with email services that save time.
- The automation feature makes it easy and efficient to schedule tasks.
- It has limited branding.
- The customer support is not helpful.
Bitrix24 is a complete platform for business administration and cooperation, well-known for its flexible CRM features. Within a single interface, it provides capabilities for communication, document sharing, and task management. With an emphasis on personalization and effectiveness in managing tasks, projects, and customer interactions, Bitrix24 is appropriate for organizations of all sizes.
- Custom data fields
- Website builder
- Project management
- Live chat engagement
- Human resources management tools
- Basic: ₹1590/5 users/month
- Standard: ₹3990/50 users/month
- Professional: ₹7990/100 users/month
- Enterprise: ₹15990/250 users/month
- It has the finest features like employee management and kanban for task management.
- The tool helps create projects, assign tasks, set deadlines, and track progress.
- It is easy to track deals and monitor progress.
- The tool has a learning curve and requires training.
- It cannot customize certain features.
Nimble is a flexible CRM software created for teams and small organizations. It creates a unified system integrating contact management, communication tracking, and social media integration. Nimble gives insights, streamlines communication, and aids in relationship building and maintenance to promote deeper customer connections and business expansion.
- Contact management
- Email tracking
- Marketing automation
- Custom pipelines
- Task and contact management
- Monthly: $29.90/user/month
- Annually: $24.90/user/month
- It allows to capture contact details from webpages directly.
- The tool is easy to learn, use, and customize for specific purposes.
- The customer service team is always ready to help.
- Some things in the tool are challenging to navigate.
- New features and upgrades must be added to the application quicker feature.
Freshsales, a cloud-based solution, represents one of Freshworks’ offerings for sales management and customer engagement. It is well-suited for the needs of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). It is a customizable CRM software for companies looking for usability and flexibility. It provides an intuitive user interface and enables businesses to customize their CRM to meet specific demands, speeding sales processes and improving customer relationship management.
- Custom reports
- Case management
- Quote and order management
- Custom automated tasks
- Customer contract management
- Free version
- Growth: ₹999/user/month/annually
- Pro: ₹2799/user/month/annually
- Enterprise: ₹4999/user/month/annually
- The tool gives a centralized view of the sales activities in the dashboard.
- It is easy to configure and simple to use.
- The support feature allows users to connect with customer support 24/7.
- It lacks features like a widget on Outlook.
- The analytics doesn’t always provide real-time information.
Zendesk is a well-known customer care software. Its user-friendly design gives organizations the ability to effectively manage consumer relationships. The helpdesk ticketing, live chat, knowledge base management, and analytics solutions provided by Zendesk enable businesses to improve client happiness and streamline support processes.
Setting up Zendesk is a straightforward process. You can have it operational within a day. Zendesk offers abundant tutorials and support resources to facilitate a swift learning curve for your teams using the platform.
- Custom dashboard
- Custom fields
- Ticket creation user experience
- Custom pipeline stages
- SLA management
- Suite team: $55/user/month
- Suite growth: $89/user/month
- Suite professional: $115/user/month
- Suite enterprise: custom pricing
- The tool has some excellent attributes like scalability, integration capabilities, and omnichannel support.
- It creates specific queues, sets up macros, and automates triggers with things that don’t need a response.
- Setting up templates is easy, and the FAQ tool provides users with the latest guides about products.
- Sometimes, it is challenging to use the search feature.
- The response time of customer support is poor.
How To Evaluate the Best Customizable CRM?
A critical first step to improving customer interactions and streamlining processes is to evaluate your company’s finest customizable CRM solution. Consider the following important factors to help you decide:
1. Customization Features
Evaluate the CRM’s adaptability to your unique needs. Look for available choices to add custom data fields, workflows, and reports.
2. User-Friendly Interface
Your employees will adopt the CRM more quickly if it has a user-friendly interface. Consider the platform’s user-friendliness and the availability of training materials.
3. Integration Capabilities
Check the CRM’s integration capabilities to see if it can easily link up with other vital tools your company utilizes, like email marketing or project management software.
4. Scalability and Cost
Ensure the CRM can expand with your company. It should handle growing data volumes and more users without experiencing performance problems.
5. Automation and Workflow
Search for features that automate routine operations and workflows adaptable to your company’s procedures.
Interesting read: What is Mobile CRM? A Comprehensive Guide
Choosing a customized CRM option for your company requires careful consideration. Finding the best custom CRM is not enough; you must choose one that easily integrates with your business processes and enables your team to provide great customer service.
You can make an informed decision that fits your specific goals and budget by evaluating customizable features, ease of use, integration possibilities, scalability, automation, reporting, support, security, and cost-effectiveness.
Remember that the right CRM isn’t just a software solution; it’s a strategic investment that can drive efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction. So, take the time to evaluate, choose wisely, and watch your business flourish with a customizable CRM at its core.
The cost to build a customizable CRM can vary significantly depending on complexity and features. It typically ranges from $10,000 to $100,000 or more, with ongoing maintenance expenses.
Yes, you can integrate your customizable CRM with various software tools to streamline processes, enhance data flow, and improve overall efficiency, offering a seamless experience for your business operations.
To ensure data security in your customizable CRM, implement robust access controls, encryption, and regular backups, and stay updated on security patches to safeguard sensitive customer information effectively.
Yes, it is possible to migrate data from your existing CRM to a customizable one. Data migration services and tools are available to streamline the transition efficiently.
Yes, you can update your customizable CRM after it is built. It offers the flexibility to adapt to changing business needs, adding or modifying features, fields, and workflows as required.
Priya is a seasoned writer with expertise in the SaaS industry. With over five years of experience in the field, she deeply understands the requirement of this specific industry, its techniques, and tools. Her articles, whitepapers, and blog posts are known for their clarity, practicality, and actionable insights. Priya also possesses in-depth knowledge of SEO and content marketing, which enables her to develop effective strategies to increase website traffic and improve brand visibility.