Creating and managing invoices appear to be a simple task. But the one who deals with invoices knows the amount of effort required to put things in place. Customizing an invoice template, facilitating payments, sending reminders to the clients, syncing payment details with the balance sheet, and much more; invoicing is not an easy task at all. And therefore, we recommend you to use invoicing software to organize and automate the complete invoicing process.
Looking for Billing and Invoicing Software? Check out SoftwareSuggest’s list of the best billing and invoicing software solutions.
Are you wondering about the cost of these invoice tools? You don’t need to worry as we have compiled a list of free invoice tools for freelancers. These tools either function without any restrictions or may have limited features in the free version. However, you can accomplish the task of managing invoices and collecting payments from your clients. You may like to read freelancer invoice technique.
Here are 8 Amazing Free Invoice Tools for Small Business:
Odoo is not just an invoice tool for small businesses but is a complete suite of apps capable of automating and managing various verticals such as marketing, CRM, website development, sales, inventory, accounts, and others. Trusted by around 3 million users, Odoo can be your next invoice manager. The automation and cross-platform compatibility play a major role in the functioning of Odoo invoicing software.
- Convert quotes into invoices and send them as a PDF via email or print to send via mail
- Create invoices on the basis of multiple aspects like sales orders, delivery orders, time, material, contracts, and so on
- Send automated reminders to avoid payment delays
- Integrates with payment gateways like Paypal, Stripe, Ingenico, Adyen, and others
- Keep a check on the complete invoicing process in the Status Overview section
- Integrates with other tools and software
- Analyze performance of salespersons, review product sales, and study customer behavior
Odoo invoice software: Free of cost
Other apps: Price varies. User Pricing – $6 per month if paid annually
Free version benefits: Access to complete features except for integration with other Odoo apps.
2. Indy Invoice Tool
Indy is an all-inclusive platform for freelancers, offering a full suite of services such as invoicing, proposals, contracts, time tracking, client communication, and more. This simple, easy-to-navigate platform means that billing and invoicing is always a click away.
Access an array of professional invoicing templates and keep track of payment due dates and late fees to ensure fast payments with ease. Indy enables you to streamline payments and select various payment options, including PayPal, Stripe, and Zelle.
Since you work so hard to make your money, it’s understandable to use online tools that make the process a breeze and make it easy for clients to pay you.
- Integrated online payment
- Direct deposit or via mail
- Invoice Management
- Accounting Management
- Electronic Payments
- Time Tracking
- Invoice Processing
- Workflow Management
- Indy’s Free plan gives you free unlimited access to all the basic tools you need to manage your business.
- Subscription: The Indy Pro Bundle is $9 per month
When you sign up for Wave invoicing tool, you get access to accounting and receipt scanning software as well. As a freelancer, you can charge your clients, maintain accounts, and manage receipts with Wave software. And all these functions are available to you for free of cost. There are loads of features that make Wave one of the best invoice tools for small business.
- Supports complete customization of invoices
- Send estimates and once approved, convert them into invoices
- Supports multiple currencies
- Accept credit or debit card payments and bank transfers
- Send automatic reminders for payment dues
- Automatic invoicing and billing mechanism for recurring payments
- Dedicated iOS and Android apps available
- Compliance with taxation rules
- Automatic synchronization with the accounts tool
Free. The wave software package is available at no cost. It comprises of invoice, accounting, and receipt scanning tools.
Sighted is an excellent tool to get sorted with your invoice operations. Whether it’s about sending invoices or adding new product and services, Sighted’s intuitive interface lets you manage everything with ease. It goes a step further by providing time tracker tool and also generates profit/loss statement.
- Generate new invoices, create quotes, add products, add clients, and add new expenses
- Manage quotes, invoices, expenses, and receipts, with equal proficiency
- Multi-currency support
- Integrates with payment gateways and also supports credit and debit card payments
- Generates profit and loss statements, allowing you to keep a track on your income
- Time tracker tool to calculate working hours and bill accordingly
Absolutely free of cost.
Calling InvoiceNinja an invoicing tool is an understatement. It is a complete business suite capable of managing clients and vendors, generating invoices and receipts, and managing tasks and projects. If you sign up for the free version, you will get access to multiple features. The free version is suitable for freelancers and small businesses.
- Time-tracking tool to calculate hours and bill accordingly
- Easily manage tasks and projects using Kanban methodology
- Create invoices, accepts payments via multiple modes, and send receipts
- Manage payments and expenses related to clients and vendors with equal proficiency
- Accept partial payments, create recurring and auto-bill invoices
- Library system to manage products and services
Free Forever plan: $0
Ninja Pro plan: $8 per month
Enterprise plan: $12 per month. You get two months free if you pay an upfront price for an annual subscription (10 months + 2 months free)
Free version benefits: up to 100 clients, unlimited invoices and quotes, 4 designer templates, 40+ payment integrations, numerous customization features
When you look at the solutions offered by Invoicera, you can say that it renders more value than other free invoice tools. It goes beyond creating invoices and managing expenses. You can manage staff permissions, manage multiple companies under the roof, and much more.
- Manage quotes, invoices, bills, and receipts in an efficient manner
- Client and vendor management
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Invoicing management for multiple companies
- Multicurrency and multilingual support
- Integration with 25+ payment solutions
- Integration with ERP and other tools
- Works as recurring billing software as well
Starter Edition: Free of cost Forever
Pro edition: Rs 2,499 per year
Starter Edition benefits: Up to 3 active clients and 1 recurring profile. The upgrade is needed to access all the features.
7. Mr. Biller
Mr. Biller has been part of the invoice industry for quite a long time now. Trusted by users from all around the world, Mr. Biller offers a free invoice management tool, integrated with numerous customization options. And the best part is that it doesn’t place its brand logo in invoices.
- Create unlimited invoices and quotes
- Save your data on the cloud
- Upgrade any time
- Manage clients and vendors
- Accept online payments
- Reporting and analysis
- Set reminders and adjust the recurring billing mechanism
Free plan: Always free
Premium plan: $3 per month
Enterprise plan: Custom pricing
Free version benefits: Unlimited and brand-free invoices, multiple currency support, easy-to-use dashboard, and other basic features
8. Street Invoice
Street invoice is a unique free invoice tool that is specially developed for mobile devices. It functions seamlessly on Android, iOS, and Windows devices. The add-on features such as daily cloud backup, reliable email support, and real-time synchronization ensure a seamless workflow.
- Send invoices via email and text
- Fully customizable functioning with multi-currency support, tax rates, discount offers, company logo, and so on
- Add up to 2 mobile devices for a single user
- Detailed insights with graphs and reports
- Manage credits and refunds
- Synchronize phonebook with the subscription billing software
- Manage multiple companies, teams, and projects
Starter at: $0 per month
Basic: $4.99 per month
Pro: $9.99 per month
Enterprise: $14.99 per month. The additional user in Enterprise plan costs $9.99 per month.
Free version benefits: Up to 15 invoices per month, one user access, send email invoices, manage customers, report dashboard, cloud backup, and accept credit card payments.
Momenteo is the perfect amalgam of functionality and aesthetics. Whether you are a freelancer, a small business, or an enterprise, Momenteo has everything to meet your expectations. Cloud-based functioning, real-time updates, and secure environment are some of its highlights.
- Create and manage invoices, send them in paper, email, or PDF form
- Send estimates and once approved, automatically convert them into invoices
- View interactive reports for detailed insights
- Use the calendar to manage tasks and projects
- Manage client information
- Keep a check on travel and other expenses
Free: $0 per month
Start: $4.50 per month
Explore: $7.50 per month
Plus: $12.50 per month
Free version benefits: 2 active clients, offline payments, mention of Momenteo in the invoice, and Momenteo support
Which one will you use?
All these free invoice tools are proficient in handling invoice-related tasks. Some of them go beyond just invoices and allows you to manage projects as well. While most of the free invoice tools for small business offer limited features in the free version, there are some that do not put any restrictions. Now the final decision of using invoice software resides with you.
Amaey Anand is a certified accountant with over 10 years of experience in the finance industry. He has worked with various organizations to streamline their petty cash management processes and reduce inefficiencies. He has also written several articles on financial management for leading publications such as Zensuggest and The Wall Street Journal.