Survival in the modern business environment needs more tactics than surviving a round of deadly salvo shots on the war front. This is no secret. No amount of sweet-talking can avert an eminent disaster. All you need is acting on the available cue. And, one of way of beating growth retarders in your business is by employing the use of email marketing to push the frontiers of your business.
Email marketing is becoming the fastest and easiest way through which businesses can reach pool of prospects. It is a cost effective, shareable and a faster way to deliver your marketing message. For marketers to achieve their growth projections, they need to build a large email list. They need to have efficient email marketing software that can help them send, schedule, track, analyze the emails and the customer behavior.
Essential points kept in mind before choosing an email marketing software
All marketing software don’t work the same way. Different softwares have different ways of discovering, engaging and converting subscribers. Before you choose your email marketing software, you need to think about pricing, support, the number of contacts you have, and how much you anticipate growing.
Here are free & open source email marketing software for your business.
SendBlaster is a free for use, standalone (runs on your desktop) email marketing software. The software has a solid spam check, and good reporting capabilities. Besides, SendBlaster offers HTML editor, newsletter creator, free templates, mailing list management, and personalization and embedded email support. However, they have a pro version that you can purchase: either a yearly subscription or a lifetime purchase.
- It’s easy to use, to import and filter their database of contacts in minutes.
- Easily handles blacklists and bounce backs.
- Gives the user ability to merge different databases.
- Easy to set up direct mailing and customize the details of your SMTP server.
- Data analysis and advanced tracking into customers’ behavior (open rates, clicks, etc).
- Add customized fields in your data in no time.
- Integrates well with Google Analytics
- Excellent technical support.
However, the software doesn’t have split testing (A/B testing), not suitable for emails send of up to 10,000 and the selection of templates is limited.
Reach mail is another hot email marketing software free for use up to 5000 contacts. When you clock up a list of 30,000 emails a month, you spend $10. With the software you can create, schedule and send emails for your campaigns online free or at a very low subscriptions rate.
- An easy to use interface.
- Provision of FREE.
- Free 30 Minute Webinar every Friday.
- Enjoy hundreds of templates.
- Detailed reporting.
- Advanced tools that favors surveys, transactional emails, and social media sharing and message testing.
This software is free for use for up to 100 contacts and unlimited emails. If the user has more contacts then they need to subscribe to a plan that favors the size of their list. To enjoy the software, you can download it and use it free for 15 days. Later you can subscribe to a monthly subscription.
- Impressive contact management that allows the user to add contacts from different sources.
- An intuitive campaign wizard that lets you choose a template, edit your email, and send your email marketing campaign.
- Generates reports allow you to see what emails were sent, bounced, or unsubscribed.
- Professional marketing templates created by an experienced graphic designer.
1and1Mail an award winning email marketing software for SMEs ideal for mass mailing and for sending personalized emails. You can start with the 1and1Mail Free Edition and send up to 50 free emails. Then there is the personal edition available with one-time fee of $29.95, a business edition at $79.95 and allows you to manage up to 100 concurrent tasks. The top edition, the 1and1Mail Ultimate Edition is priced at $119.95. The plus point of this edition is an assurance of free lifetime upgrade.
- Easily create groups by adding or importing contacts.
- Easily design HTML emails and newsletters without prior coding experience.
- Easily track and analyze the effectiveness of your campaigns.
- Generates random lag time between sending each email, thus behaving like a real person manually sending the emails.
- Automatic IP Switcher that rotates your IP with proxy servers and avoid being blacklisted and maximize the send quota of your emails.
- Email Personalization -the software helps the user to personalize the salutation, body and subject line of the emails and make the sound more personal.
- Beautiful user interface.
This is an open source, web-based software ideal for email marketing automation. With the tool, the user can create and send service emails and email newsletters. Besides, the software can help the user to organize their lead management. No limitation for the number of subscribers, mailing lists and emails to send.
- Modern web-based graphical user interface available in English, French, and other languages.
- Powerful features for targeting.
- Real time statistics along with detailed bar charts for quick comprehension.
- Content management extension to manage HTML mail templates.
- Lots of interfaces to connect with 3rd party systems for example web services, HTTP request endpoints or time-driven automated import or export.
- Free user support.
Mautic is another big shot marketing automation software. Alternatively you can create a free hosted account. The software is ideal for building lists from keywords, hashtags, social mentions etc.
The software effortlessly tracks both known and anonymous leads besides sending personalized emails to your leads.
Other features include:
- Mass email marketing with no sending limits.
- Easily integrate with existing third-party solutions.
- Track clicks, email opening and send follow-ups based on user decision.
- Design valuable forms for list building.
- Generation of detailed campaign reports.
Odoo is a package of business applications that houses Odoo for email marketing. The software is intuitive and easy to use, giving the users total control over their email content and layout. It free for download, and has a subscription of $5/month.
- Top themes available to choose from.
- Easily segment your database for better open and click rates.
- The program is fully responsive and 100% mobile friendly.
- Easily track & improve your campaigns with reliable real time data and statistics.
- Advanced features that lets you take control of every aspect of your mailing campaigns.
The software is free up to 100 subscribers, $19.95 for up to 5000 subscribers and $39.95 for up to 10000 subscribers. All the users enjoy unlimited broadcasting and importing.
Other features include:
- Exceptional delivery with confirm opt-in.
- Contact manager that easily manages your lists.
- No charges for extras or usage.
- The programs easily create and send promotions.
- Easy lead management with stealth analytics that allow the user to see who clicked offers.
The importance of email marketing cannot be underestimated. It is more effective, cheap and a faster way for business to send their marketing message and track the recipients (prospect’s) response. Free and open source software have made it even easier and pocket friendly to grow their online business.