Get your personal phone number in Germany at affordable prices and expand your business manifold. German virtual phone numbers help you connect with customers by forwarding incoming calls anywhere in the world at local prices.
Looking for VOIP Software? Check out SoftwareSuggest’s list of the best VOIP Software solutions.
Benefits of a Virtual Phone Number in Germany
Having a virtual phone number for Germany allows you to communicate with your German clients and prospects efficiently and cost-effectively. A virtual phone number is an actual phone number that isn’t connected to any SIM card or phone line.
Such numbers allow you to connect to others via the internet and provide you the flexibility to connect via desktop/laptop and mobile apps.
A virtual number in Germany helps many global businesses:
- Assist their German clients from anywhere
- Greatly improve client satisfaction
- Reduce Operational Costs
Additionally, when German customers call your business, they have the same experience as calling a regular number.
When you make calls anywhere in Germany using your VoIP number, the people who receive the call can see your virtual phone number on their screens before picking it up. This allows your business to gain credibility and simultaneously improves your brand’s impression.
Different Types of German Virtual Numbers
You can purchase two types of virtual phone numbers in Germany:
1. National Phone Numbers: These numbers are not connected to a particular city in Germany, e.g., Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, etc. Such a virtual number can be used by businesses to cater to customers residing all over the land of poets and thinkers. These numbers have the prefix 32.
2. City Numbers: These virtual numbers are associated with a city and can be used to call the city’s residents. Each area code/city in Germany has a unique city number that businesses can use to connect to them.
Who can Purchase a German Virtual Phone Number?
Government regulations allow only the people living or working in Germany to purchase and use German phone numbers. Thus, to apply for a virtual phone number, you may need to show proof of citizenship or your work permit for Germany.
Try Germany Virtual Numbers For Free
You can buy a German virtual phone number for a few days with CallHippo by starting your free trial. You would be getting all the business phone number services you need from the CallHippo team, and you can keep the virtual number for yourself by purchasing any of the given plans.
If you don’t take any action on the VoIP number in use, the number will be removed automatically after the trial period, and no fee needs to be paid by you. This is a great opportunity to test the efficiency of the German number for your personal/business needs.
How much do Germany Virtual Numbers Cost?
The price of having a virtual phone number in Germany is based on the factors given below:
- Monthly Charges
Monthly charges for German virtual numbers start from $15.
- Calls & call forwarding costs
Local calls can be placed and forwarded anywhere; local rates would be applicable.
- Add-on/Optional Services
You can get additional VoIP phone services such as IVR, power dialers, automatic call distribution (ACD), call recording, etc., with a virtual phone system. Additionally, you can get features like global call forwarding for free with many pricing plans.
Features of Germany Virtual Phone Number
Answer Phone Calls
Answering incoming calls from your German virtual phone number is easy. Once you receive a forwarded call, the caller’s number is displayed on your screen. You can also view the virtual number that they are trying to reach.
All incoming calls to your virtual number in Germany can be forwarded to your mobile or landline number. Calls can be forwarded worldwide at local call rates and answered through IVR. Calls can also be distributed to different teams, members, extensions, etc.
Make Phone Calls
A German virtual phone number allows you to make calls using your mobile (iOS or Android) and web apps. Your regular contacts can be imported instantly to the app, allowing you to call your business associates, customers, suppliers, and prospects in Germany.
All calls you make will be charged at local rates, and you can choose if you would like to display your regular mobile number or your CallHippo VoIP number on their screens when you ring a number.
Unfortunately, SMS is not supported by any virtual phone system provider in Germany.
Interactive voice response, or IVR, can be a great way to reduce your call load, assist customers, and improve problem-solving efficiency. IVRs allow you to configure different pathways to help users with various needs and save time. You can get multiple virtual phone number plans with interactive voice response services with CallHippo and create personalized menus for callers for users to add announcements.
Besides sending messages via voicemail, you can also create and configure messages to be played to your callers in different situations using the text-to-speech (TTS) feature.
To use the TTS feature, type the announcement/information you want your callers to hear. Your message will automatically be converted into audio format. You can also upload audio scripts directly and record messages using your smartphone.
Recording Phone Calls
Your virtual phone number in Germany can also help you record conversations for training/evaluation and quality purposes. Multiple CallHippo plans allow you to record calls and store them for further analysis. However, as some countries have a law against recording calls, you should be careful while recording calls made to foreign numbers.
There are many service providers, such as CallHippo, that offer distinct German VoIP pricing plans for different business needs.
- Bronze: At $16 a month, this plan offers performance tracking, voicemail, campaign management, SMS, etc., for your virtual number.
- Silver: The Silver plan costs $24 a month and offers various advanced calling options such as internal team calling, call queueing and cascading, IVRs, holiday routing, call tagging, etc. You can also configure various reports to be delivered to you via email.
- Platinum: This plan costs $40/month and offers a range of advanced functionalities such as call whispering, voice broadcasting, power dialer, multi-level IVRs, call analytics, and call barging.
How To Get A German Virtual Phone Number?
To get a German virtual number instantly, you must follow the steps mentioned below:
- Sign in and sign in with CallHippo.
- Select Germany as the country of your choice.
- Choose the preferred state and city for your virtual phone number.
- Select your preferred local German phone number/toll-free number.
- Choose the plan, features, and add-ons your business needs.
- Make the payment and enjoy your VoIP phone number services using your brand-new virtual number.
Having a German virtual phone number allows you to expand your business in the land of opportunities located at the very heart of Europe. It opens multiple doors for your business while enabling you to offer better services to your clients, improve communication, and solve their issues faster.
Virtual phone numbers can improve business flexibility, reduce costs, and empower you to serve your customers from anywhere and anytime. Additionally, features like ACD, sentiment analysis, IVR, and speech analytics can be used to improve user experience, brand performance, and productivity, which boosts your business growth in Germany.
Frequently Asked Questions
Having a German virtual phone number allows you to expand your business in the land of opportunities located at the very heart of Europe. It opens multiple doors for your business while enabling you to offer better services to your clients, improve communication and solve their issues faster.
To get a German virtual number instantly, you must follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Sign in and sign in with CallHippo.
2. Select Germany as the country of your choice.
3. Choose the preferred state and city for your virtual phone number.
4. Select your preferred local German phone number/toll-free number.
5. Choose the plan, features, and add-ons your business needs.
6. Make the payment and enjoy your VoIP phone number services using your brand-new virtual number.
German telephone numbers are made up of 9 to13 numbers, that are split into groups of 3. Thus, if you're going to make a call to any German city/state, you should dial the country code, area code, operator code, and add the 6-8-digit number before making the call.
Joydeep Das has extensive experience with both technical and non-technical content. He has articles published in both local and international portals and has also worked as an Overseas Admissions Editor, assisting many meritorious students to get into Ivy League Universities. However, branding and promotional topics have remained his true love for over a decade.