Scouting for best talent. That is a challenge every other business has to grapple with. While there is a pool of ‘competent’ candidates for each job posting, very few can successfully handle the job at hand. That adds to the bulk of work recruiters need to handle during the screening process. Finding the best candidates becomes a nightmare. That is why recruiters are turning to Applicant Tracking System in droves.
How necessary is a good Applicant Tracking System?
- An efficient ATS allows you to maintain a database of applicants and their job information. Such information helps recruiters to make good matches between the job openings and the applicants.
- It keeps the recruiters out of trouble and reduces the work load for them by creating tasks lists that they can keep of.
- They place everyone on an equal playing field. The ATS let others track the same candidates you are tracking, and allows them to see the ones you recommend.
Good news is that ATS market has exploded. We now have varieties to choose from. And that means struggling startups and small business do not have to submit to the hullabaloo that comes with paid versions. Freemium version of ATS are a good solution to their budgetary constraints.
This is a web-based free Applicant Tracking System for up to five users. The software allows up to one concurrent job posting and up to 200 applicants. After that, you can enjoy their services at a subscription fee of $60/month. The beauty of the software is that it:
- Allows the user to upload resumes in bulk.
- Allows users to easily customize recruitment workflow.
- Has hosted career site
- Integrates well with Google Apps and other specialize recruitment sites
- Has a sophisticated, real-time notification system.
However, it has its drawbacks too. It allows one current job opening, has limited options for customizing the hosted careers site and no data export.
2. Zoho Recruit
This is a web-based free ATS software. Zoho Recruit is free for use for 10 employee profiles and five employee logins. Unlike others, this system is large and well established and their human resource offerings reflects with its sophisticated feel. Its functionality includes:
- Time tracking
- Employee information
- Leave management
However, this free version is feature limited. It doesn’t include attendance tracking capabilities or a timesheet and has a story limitation of up to 250GB.
iKrut is SaaS based free ATS software. However, as much it is free for use, it is not open source. The software has no paid versions. The software seamlessly integrates with 20 free job boards. Then it builds a micro site for your business that automatically populates a list of your current job openings across those sites. Besides, the system can automatically reject multiple candidates, thus saving the recruiter valuable time. Its seamless integration with other free job boards means more exposure for your job openings without extra effort from your site. However, the system might not a good shot for larger staffing agencies due to lack of functionality with client records.
This ATS system is also a web-based and is free ATS software for up to three concurrent job postings. Once the freebies limits are exhausted, the user has to part with a $99 a month subscription fees.
If you want to view resumes, you may purchase credits or share ten resumes to view one.
The system allows the users to enjoy:
- One-click job posting to the free job boards.
- Generating reports
- Access to manager feedback on resumes
- To easily integrate your job page into your existing website
- One million of applicants resume database.
- Easily integrate with Google Apps.
Jobsource is good system for small businesses and startups. The only major disadvantage is the free version limitation to three concurrent jobs.
OpenCATS is free applicant tracking system. It claims to take the stress of hiring process. The system is a free web-based and you can easily install it on your server. The advantage with the program is that it doesn’t matter whether you are hiring for a small company or large company. The app is designed to help the recruiter throughout the candidate screening process. Until when they land the candidate of their choice. It cuts off the time taken to track, identify and find the quality candidate the recruiters need. Download free ATS software. The system allows the recruiters to:
- Easily access an efficient ATS system they can manage.
- Organize resumes and therefore be able to keep references, resumes, applications, and everything you need in one place.
- Sit back while the system takes control of the whole hiring process
- To easily keep track of hiring process through a easy to use interface
HireList is free ATS system for small businesses that needs help in hiring automation.
The software helps to track your applicants all the way from the job post to the hiring. The benefits of the system:
- It is simple, easy to use and free.
- Allows for job ad creation
- Allows easy tracking of resumes right from the source, collection to application screening.
- Allowing Communication between the recruiters and the hiring managers and this reduce time expended while contacting all the candidates.
Applicanttrackingsystem.co is a free SaaS (cloud-based) Applicant Tracking System. It was developed to help recruiters to track candidate all the way from job posting to hiring. The software has almost all the features recruiters need to recruit better candidates.
- It allows the user to manage large volumes of applicants from sourcing to hiring.
- With the system, it is easier to effortlessly mange the team.
- You can easily and efficiently manage online interviews.
- Easily receive schedules from applicants online.
- Easily conduct online assessments
- Real-time analytics for insights into your
- Allows for bulky resume uploads in multiple formats and stores from all sources at one place
Recruity is an open source ATS software, state-of-the-art designed to protect recruiter’s investments in recruitment. The system is free of charge for small human resource departments and small agencies.
The top features of Recruity open source ATS software:
- Recruity is easy to use thanks to its modular approach. You only need to activate the module you need to use.
- The software can run anywhere you need: on your network, with all the software data in-house or you can install it on your server or servers of your web hosting providers.
- Recruity allows SEO, thus increasing chances of finding a suitable candidate.
- It allows easy migration, especially if the user wants to change to a different ATS system.
We are living in world where scarcity of resources haunts us every single day. Time, Resources, Shrinking workforce, Name them. Looking for a good employees requires extensive screening and more of these limited resources. That is why small and large businesses are opting for Applicant Tracking System as their next solution to their woes. And for businesses that can’t afford premium ATS services, free ATS software could be an awesome alternative.