About Winds Business Solutions:
Winds Business Solutions is a software product startup based in the small town of Palakkad, Kerala. It has created 3 cutting edge cloud products for retail space namely, Retailbean, retailbeanLITE and Lytty. Winds Business Solutions was spun out as an independent company in 2013. Today the company counts among its clientele several leading retailers in India and overseas.
Startup Talk with Sumesh Menon, Founder of Winds Business Solutions
Tell us a little bit about how Winds Business Solutions got started.
Ans: Winds Business solutions started off in the year 2013, by a clear focus – to become a product company. In fact, it was a hiving off activity from another company which was into cloud based application development. Understood that the traction in retail segment is gaining much momentum, and hence started developing cloud retail software.
2. In a few sentences, what do you offer to your customers differently.
Ans: Generally retailers don’t have a clear view of their business process from the top, because most of the retailers are doing business in an unstructured way. Our product “Retail bean” offers the retailers an eagle’s eye view of their business data on real-time (since it’s on cloud) and help them to take informed decision to make it more profitable.
3. What’s the most important thing you’re working on right now, and how are you making it happen?
Ans: On the process of taking our Cloud SaaS product- ‘Retailbeanlite’ to mass market and enable small and medium retailers to leverage technology to improve their business profitability and efficiency.
4. How do you define Winds Business Solutions’ culture?
Ans: A closely knitted group of people who share a common vision and are working towards a common goal.
5. Why is now the time for your company to exist? And what gap are you filling in the market today?
Ans: Only 7% of the Indian retail is organised, and of that only 10% of retailers have started using digital platform to maximum extend. Hence there is a huge gap – this is the place where we are trying to penetrate into.
6. Tell us about a time when you faced some sort of overwhelming challenge at work and how you overcame it.
Ans: Technology space is always having multiple challenges at given point of time, that too in software product space. One of the biggest challenge is to make the retailers more organised in effectively using the software. Customer acquisition is another challenge we face frequently.
7. Can you mention any software that is helping your startup to run smoothly?
8. What according to you is the right strategy to survive for a startup?
Ans: Find a real pain point and try to build solution around that.
9. If you weren’t building your startup, what would you be doing?
Ans: Probably an Intrapreneur in any other company.
10. What’s the future plans for Winds Business Solutions?
Ans: Future plans are,
- First. It is to take Retail bean to the international market and make it one the most preferred retail solution.
- To help small and medium retailers to go Omni channel with a simple solution.