What is factoHR?
factoHR is an award-winning Best HR Platform trusted by 3500 Companies & 2.6 million employees, which includes Tata Steel BSL, DENSO, Cycle Agarbatti, BSE, Murugappa, & many others who have improved their productivity by more than 70 %
factoHR Starting Price
Our Awards and Recognition
Talk with a software expert for free. Get a list of software that's great for you in less than 10 minutes.
Key Features of factoHR
Here are the powerful features that make factoHR stand out from the competition. Packed with innovative tools and advanced functionalities, this software offers a range of benefits.
- Asset Management
- Attendance management
- Loan & Advances Management
- Employee Self Service Management
- Exit Management & Seperation Management
- Expense Management
- Expense Tracking
- HR & Payroll
- Multiuser Login & Role-based access control
- Payroll Management
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Recruitment Management
- Reimbursement Management
- Shift Management
- Statutory Compliances
- Task Management
- Time & Attendance Management
- Time Tracking
- Training Management
- Travel Management
- Employee Data Base
- Mobile App
- Pay Slip
- Leave Management
- Arrears Calculation
- Multi Company
- Applicant tracking
- Employee Management
- Applications Management
- Absence Management
- Payroll Integration
- Overtime Tracking
- Workflow Management
- 360 Degree Feedback
- Employee Profile
- Feedback Management
- Goal Management
- Workforce Management
- MIS Reports
- Project Tracking
- Time & Expense Tracking
- Expense Claims
- Analytical Reports
- Integration with Biometric
- Excel Import
- PF/ESIS Calculation
- Salary Information & History
- Appraisal Management
- Talent Management
- TDS Calculation
- Overtime Management
- Geo tracking
- Rewards Management
- Attendance Tracking
- Review Cycle Tracking
- Employee Lifecycle Management
- Graphs & Charts
- Time Management
- Approval Workflow
- Organizational Charting
- Employee Database
- Time Off Management
- Employee Directory
- Geo Fencing
- Geo Tagging
- Goal Cascading
- Employee Engagement
- Roster Management
- Batch Processing
- Multi Level Approval Workflows
- Time & Attendance
- Workflow Configuration
- Job Requisition
- Resume Parsing
- Goal Setting
- Built-in ATS
- Candidate Tracking
- Single Sign On
- Travel Planning
- Field Attendance
- Exit Management
- Facial Recognition Attendance
- Geofencing Time And Attendance
- Shift Planner
Get a closer look at the technical specifications and system requirements for factoHR. Find out if it's compatible with your operating system and other software.
Here's the comprehensive description of factoHR. Gain a brief understanding of its unique features and exceptional benefits.
factoHR is a modern, mobile-driven, plug n play, hire-to-retire HCM platform that enables businesses to automate their daily HR functions & delivers actionable insights to achieve business objectives faster.
factoHR is best suited for all sizes of organizations and all types of industries. All modules of factoHR have in-depth functionality that meets the requirements of any business.
Unmatched Exclusive Features
- Geo Tracking
- Face Recognition
- Open architecture for API integration
- Mobile Apps
- Make direct salary payments through connected banking
Let’s have a look at the main modules of FactoHR:
- Core HR
- Attendance & Time Management
- Attendance from Mobile
- Employee Shift Management
- Time Sheet
- Leave Management
- Payroll Management
- HR Analytics
- Travel & Expense Management
- Performance Management
- Mobile App
Let’s have a look at the main modules of FactoHR in detail:
1) Recruitment Module
- Manpower requirement request
- Job posting on the company page
- Interview scheduling
- Customized offer letters
- Offer letter generation
- Pre-onboarding invitation
- Post-onboarding activities
- Create employee from the candidate
- Alerts to the candidate on important events
3) Core HR
- Centralized employee database
- Multiple CTC structure
- Organization chart
- Letter and document management
- Workflow-based approval
- Alert on important events
- Multiple entities/companies
4) Attendance & Time Management
Attendance from Mobile
- Face recognition
- Selfie with punch
- Mobile punch with geo-fencing
- Geo tracking
- Attendance approval
Employee Shift Management
- Shift roaster / flexi shift
- Change shift request
- Multiple attendance cycles
- Time tracking & productivity report with cost-revenue analysis for projects
- Task creation and assignment
- Time tracking
- Client, project and product selection
- Approval workflow
- Plan vs actual hours report
- Project cost and P&L reports
- Integration with payroll
- Integration with travel & expense management
Other Attendance & Time Solutions
- Work from home with approval
- Biometric machine integration
- Multiple time zones support
- Multiple attendance policy
- Automated canteen deductions
- Attendance regularization
- Regular late comers alerts
- Statutory compliance reports
- Absconding employee alerts
- Automated attendance arrears
- Auto absent settlement with leaves
- Cut-off for both employees and admin
5) Leave Management (Employee Absence Management)
- Comp-Off leave
- Multiple leave policies
- Pending approval alerts
- Workflow-based leave approvals
- Departmental leave management
6) Payroll Management
- Tax filing (Form24Q)
- Direct salary credit/bank integration
- JV / accounting integrations (Quickbooks, Zoho, Zero, Tally, SAP, etc)
- Time attendance integrations
- Off-cycle payslip
- Investment declaration
- Mutual funds investment integration
- Bonus /exgratia payments
- Exit process check-list, assets and due recoveries
- Increment and attendance arrears
7) E-Resignation & Clearance
- Smoother employee exit with e-resignation & clearance
- Submission of e-resignation
- Exit process checklist
- Assets and due recoveries
- Self-service portal for off-boarding
- Alert on notice completion
- Workflow bases approval
- Integration with payroll and loan
- Full & final settlement with relieving letter
8) HR Analytics
- Get insight from data with powerful analytical capability
- Custom report writer
- Attrition analysis
- Joined vs resigned analysis
- Employee mood analysis
- Employee strength analysis
9) Travel & Expense Management
- Multiple currencies and exchange rate
- Both auto and manual exchange rate update option
- Time zone wise travel plan
- Travel advance eligibility and the top-up option
- Multiple advance restriction and recovery in salary
- Auto attendance update
- City wise, grade-wise eligibility matrix
- User-defined approval workflow
- Deviation workflow
- Scrutiny of bills by admin
- CTC and Non-CTC Claim reimbursement
- Auto payment of the unclaimed amount as taxable
- Eligibility with/without GST consideration
- JV integration with ERP/accounts
- Kilometer wise DA/lodging eligibility
- Guesthouse and hotel eligibility option
- City classification and eligibility matrix
- Mileage claim / local conveyance request
10) Performance Management
- Continuous performance evaluation
- Performance linked payroll
- Goals management (OKR)
- Flexible review cycle
- Multi-level performance review
- Bell curve
- Informative dashboard
11) Employee Self Service Portal
- Mood analysis
- CEO’s speak
- HR announcement
- Birthday and anniversary greetings
- Document sharing
- Online punch
- Investment declaration (Proof Attachment)
- Payslip, Leave, Travel, Expense, PMS, Attendance, Reporting, etc.
12) Mobile App
- Punch with selfie + location
- Geo tracking
- Investment declaration & proof attachment ( as per new and old regime )
- Document sharing
- Payslip, Leave, Travel, Expense, Attendance, Reporting, etc.
FactoHR is an HRMS and Payroll software from Version Systems with performance management. The software facilitates businesses to handle entire human resources, from employee acquisition to employee relief, including training and project management. With 13 years of HR domain experience, FactoHR has acquired over 1000 clients and over 1 Million employees using the portal.
From small businesses like FindSpace to large conglomerates like Murugappa Group, FactoHR has the experience of providing HR platforms to every kind of business. Hence, the platform has developed in multiple directions over the years.
I recently got a chance to understand the platform, and I can safely say it is the most precisely designed HR platform in terms of features and policies. No matter how dense and complicated policies you have in HR & Payroll, FactoHR consists of a provision!
- FactoHR has vast experience providing HR platforms for small businesses and large enterprises. Hence the software has every possible feature that you can think of!
- You can select the modules according to your need, as FactoHR provides flexibility with the packages.
- My personal favourite is – Reports. Every module has multiple reports, which makes the analysis very simple.
- You can set up your own policies according to your organizational needs, and the software will reflect the results.
- Frequently used features are provided in a sidebar which makes everyday work style easy.
- Modules are inter-connected, so any change you make in any of the modules will be reflected in other modules automatically (like performance management points will be reflected in employee bonuses, so PMS and Payroll are connected).
- Day Cost and Revenue reports can be generated.
Complete FactoHR Review:
FactoHR is packed with 10 feature strong modules that satisfy every need of a company in terms of human resource management. Not just HR, but the software has also focused on employee efficiency with performance management, workflow management, and training management modules.
One of the finest things I have observed is – Each module is precisely designed. FactoHR has made sure that not a single feature misses out!
Let’s have a look at the 10 main modules of FactoHR:
- Human Capital Management
- Attendance & Leaves
- Payroll & Loan
- Travel, Claim & Reimbursement
- Employee Self Service
- Performance Management System
- Learning Management
- Time Sheet
Let’s look at these modules and find out what makes FactoHR stand out from the other software. Let’s go!
With the recruitment management module, you can directly link your company’s Career Page. That means whatever changes you make in the software (like posting various job openings) will be reflected on the Career Page.
Various job openings can be posted from the software with a time limit so candidates will know the last date to apply for a particular position. At the end of the cycle, the HR manager downloads candidates' reports and feeds the candidate's status (telephonic interview, group discussion or personal interview).
The HR member can share feedback on a particular candidate at every stage of the hiring process, so it becomes easier for the employer to decide.
In the onboarding module of FactoHR, the HR manager can send various letters like company policy letters, appraisals, appointments, offer letters etc, from the predesigned formats. The HR can also manage documents on new joiners and set up document renewal dates.
In the onboarding process, asset management directly comes into the picture. With this module, the HR manager can track the assets provided to the new joiners.
This module is directly connected to Human Resource Management Module, so decided CTC and employee details will be fetched automatically.
Various reports like Document Details, Asset Stock Register and Employee wise Asset reports can be downloaded.
Customised letters, forms and memos can be generated from the module.
Human Capital Management:
HCM is one of the most important and well-crafted modules of FactoHR. The HR managers can feed employees basic details and HR information from this module. The same module allows HR to decide salary structure and week off & overtime policies for the employee.
This module gives out the following features in detail:
- Deciding customer overtime policies for each employee
- Stores employee PF & ESIC details
- Designing organizational chart
- Employee directory
- Entire resignation process
- Calculates F&F amount at the time of resignation
The entire module is customizable! So, according to company policies, HR can decide what options to include in each and every process.
The MIS report can be downloaded.
The HCM module is linked with the Asset management module. So, at the time of employee relief, the software will remind you what assets remain to be collected from the employee!
Attendance and Leaves:
Attendance policies may differ in each organization. Attendance calculation has a lot to do with the On Hand Salary of employees. Hence, FactoHR has covered all the possibilities in terms of Attendance Policies so that the employer can select the needed features, and attendance will be calculated on that basis:
An employer can also create multiple shifts and set up lunchtime and tea breaks limits. Employees will submit their attendance through smart cards or biometric devices, which will be recorded in real-time.
In industries like hospital and healthcare, employee shift changes every day. Like on Monday, the employee has to come to the morning shift, Tuesday afternoon shift, and so on. This pattern is known as Shift Roaster, which can be easily set up in FactoHR.
Employees can punch their attendance through GPS from FactoHR mobile application.
What I loved about this module is that no matter how complicated your attendance system is or how many shifts you have, you can ease down with this module! FactoHR may have developed such a strong module from the experience of different genres of business. That’s why I found multiple provisions for the attendance policy!
Payroll & Loan:
Payroll is simplified with 6 easy steps (Payroll Wizard) in FactoHR, making the entire payroll process quick and easy. Apart from these easy steps, payroll is wisely designed by keeping all types of businesses in mind. An employer can define payroll and attendance cycles according to organization policies and personalise the entire financial year!
Apart from fast payroll processing, here are some features that FactoHR hasn’t missed:
- Employee payment/deduction claims month-wise
- Stopping salary payment for a particular employee for a desired period
- Stopping tax deduction for a particular employee for a desired period
- Arrear calculation
- Overtime calculation based on employee’s attendance
- Leave encashment
- Upload loan details in bulk before the salary processing
- Generate attendance and statutory reports (ESIC, Form-5, PF – Challan, etc.)
The payroll process is divided into 6 steps, making the salary payments extremely easy!
Here are the 6 steps to complete the payroll:
- Master (employee enrollment, salary master, bank account details, PF details, employee identity)
- Monthly Input (Stop payment, attendance sheet, arrears, increment, Ad hoc, investment, loans, resigned employee details)
- Process (F&F Statement, salary processing)
- Verification (salary summary, payslip draft, IT statement draft, professional tax draft)
- Release (Finalising salary and releasing the payments)
- Statutory (PF challan statement, ESIC statement, income tax reports)
The HR has to upload the necessary files in these steps, and the payroll will be completed in a few minutes. Remember, all the files can be directly downloaded from Payroll Wizard, so HR doesn’t have to leave the wizard, and the entire payroll can be processed in one sit!
Travel, Claim & Reimbursement:
Just like the other modules of FactoHR, employers can decide reimbursement policies designation, department and location wise, and the system will respond in that manner.
Employees can claim reimbursement for travelling, food and other expenses, and the admin will have the authority to approve or reject it. An employer can set a customer formula for the reimbursements as well.
The system will ask to upload needed documents when an employee asks for reimbursement, but the employer can change the policies according to his needs.
Small yet important things like reimbursement limits, attendance consideration on travelling days, advance amount claims, kilometre-wise travel charges, Mileage Related Claim, etc., makes this module detailed and specific.
Of course, you can directly download multiple reports like Advance analysis Reports, Travel detail reports, expense claim reports, payment batch detail, expense payment details, etc.
Employee self-service, a.k.a. ESS, is specially designed for each employee where he can apply for leaves, manage attendance, claim reimbursements, manage their finances and manage his/her timesheet.
Employees can manage their tax deductions and investment details very well. One of the finest things about this module is – employees can see his/her performance review report. Hence it opens the gate for improvement in performance.
The system will show you the team members on leave for a particular day, so employees can decide whether to take leave based on the department’s requirements.
This is one of my favourite modules of FactoHR because it allows you to set up a personalised strategy for a company and is directly linked to the payroll module. That means the employee’s performance score will be directly reflected in the salary slip.
An employer can set up various goals (a.k.a. Key Performance Indicators ) for the teams, and the final ratings will be based on the formula that the employer has decided.
At the end of the decision cycle, employees are evaluated on each KPI, and final reports are generated:
As I said, the PMS module is linked with payroll management so that the employer can set up a formula, and the overall ratings of an employee will be reflected on his/her final bonus:
In this module, an employee or group can request training from the HR or admin by defining purpose and objectives. The HR can design the entire event and invite employees for the training. At the end of the session, HR can take feedback from employees who had attended the program so the entire event can be evaluated.
HR manager can find the complete report at the end of the training program with details like the number of employees present, number of employees absent, designation-wise budget allocation, the total cost of the training program, etc.
At the end of the session, HR can evaluate the success of the session. Based on the event, she can plan for further events as well.
This module is dedicated to handling various projects. Hence it is a small version of project management software. Here the manager can add the project names, assigned employees, list of activities, workflow configuration etc.
After the project completion, HR can generate individual performance reports of employees with important details like the number of hours invested, per-hour rate, revenue generated, gross profit/loss, expenses, etc.
The manager can download the utilization report at the end of the project defining the productive hours and non-productive hours of any employee:
FactoHR mobile application is currently available on both platforms – Android and iOS. Employees can use the application for the following purposes:
- Download payslips
- Avail leaves and checks leave balance
- Apply for reimbursement
- GPS-based Attendance Punch
- Find company documents or learning materials under “Plug Me.”
- Check PF balance
No matter in what genre of industry your business fall, FactoHR has included all the features that are required to run your Human Resource and Payroll. The organizational analysis becomes pretty easy with multiple reports in every module and interactive graphics on the dashboard. With 6 steps easy payroll wizard, you can process your entire payroll in minutes, irrespective of your employee strength.
With FactoHR, any business can simplify its complex HR operations and increase organizational productivity, and it is undoubtedly one of the finest HR platforms I have reviewed.
Overall factoHR Reviews
Here's our unbiased review of factoHR. Discover how our team of experts rates its features, ease of use, customer support, and other aspects that contribute to its overall appeal.
factoHR Pros and Cons
"1. User friendly interface 2. Accurate attendance tracking 3. Comprehensive leave management 4. Employee self-service 5. Reporting and analytics 6. Customer support and training 7. Mobile application"
"One of the most notable features is its attendance monitoring and geo-fencing. I can monitor my employees’ attendance and assign them geo boundaries for attendance registration."
"The system allows employees to apply for leaves as well as check their leave balance. They can also regularize their attendance when they forget to sign in/out."
"1. For some of our users, mobile application login information is not getting saved in their mobile and they need to enter the login details every time 2. They takes more time for any of the identified customization work"
"We went through some hardships when the software committed some errors in attendance. In addition, there were some issues with biometric integration."
"Sometimes, employees can not mark their attendance from mobile phones. The mobile application shows some issues in that."
130 factoHR Reviews
Hear directly from customers who have used factoHR. Read their experiences, feedback, and ratings to gain valuable insights into how this software has benefited their businesses.