Top Internet of Things (IoT) Software and Platforms
Finding the best IoT Software for your business is now faster and easier! Compare prices, reviews, features, and get free consultation to find the perfect software.
In this new age era, the internet of things (IoT) is taking the digital revolution by storm. The IoT has the potential to effectively harness all your work energy by empowering you with remote monitoring and communication.
The main idea is to connect devices and allow them to communicate over the internet, and transmit and receive data using different connectivity protocols with the system over the internet.
It takes you to a smart world where you stay connected with all the devices, things, and people seamlessly. By integrating your device system with IoT software solution, you can manage all your devices centrally and effortlessly, and eventually enhance the overall efficiency of your operational process. This goes a long way in adding value to your business activity as the redundant activities are automatically removed.
Internet of Things (IoT) software is a solution that addresses key areas of networking and action through embedded systems, platforms, partner systems, and middleware. It is responsible for device integration, data collection, real-time analytics, and application and process integration within the IoT network.
IoT software solution is responsible for:
- Data Collection: Internet of things (IoT) software is designed to manage light data filtering, sensing, light data security, and aggregation of data. It is programmed to aid sensors in connecting with real-time, machine-to-machine networks. It then collects data from multiple devices and sends them to the central server. In certain cases, it also works in the reverse order by distributing data over devices.
- Device Integration: IoT management software binds together all the devices involved to form a complete IoT system. It ensures stable networking and cooperations between devices, without which the IoT system will not work. They manage different applications and protocols of each device to allow communication.
- Real-Time Analytics: IoT device management software is responsible for taking input from various devices and convert those signals into a clear pattern for human analysis. They arrange and analyze this information based on their programming and provide the data required by industry.
- Integration of Application and Processes: This software integrates predefined devices for specific purposes such as allowing certain mobile devices or engineering instruments access. It improves cooperation and increases productivity in terms of collecting more accurate data.
The internet of things has helped people gain more control over their lives. It not only allows businesses by automating tasks like collection of data but also offers smart devices to automate homes.
Internet of things (IoT) software has touched almost every industry, including finance, healthcare, automobiles, retail, and manufacturing. There has been the development of the smart cities' concept, which is based on the internet of things solutions. It helps citizens reduce waste and energy consumption. Moreover, the connected sensors are used in farming to help monitor crop and cattle yields and predict growth patterns.
It's safe to say that IoT is one of the most important technologies of everyday life.
There are many real-world applications of the internet of things, ranging from enterprise IoT to manufacturing, industrial, and consumer IoT. Let's discuss them in details.
- Automobile: Earlier, the main focus of automotive digital technology was only limited to optimizing vehicles' internal functions. But now, the attention has also shifted to enhancing the in-car experience. A connected car can optimize its own operation as well as the comfort of passengers using onboard sensors and internet connectivity. Major brands like BMW, Apple, Amazon, Google, and more are working on revolutionizing the way humans and physical goods get from point X to Y. Rolls-Royce is building remote-controlled drone ships that will be operated from a central hub. Amazon's Prime Air will deliver small packages in 30 minutes or less via autonomous aerial vehicles. With the Internet of Things, the sensors inside vehicles can alert maintenance crews of any issues, and GPS apps can help safely navigate you to your destination.
- Manufacturing: Smart manufacturing is revolutionizing the way goods are produced and tracked. Popularly known as the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), it is empowering engineering with software, big data analytics, and sensors to create brilliant machines. IIoT main focus is on sustainability and quality control. For instance, some sensors can collect data on how long a package was in transit, the condition in which it arrived, and even the temperature it was stored in. IIoT philosophy is based on the fact that smart machines can collect accurate and consistent data than humans. And, this data can help detect inefficiencies better and help solve the problem soon.
- Energy Engagement: The world is moving towards a smart grid concept. The basic idea is to collect data in an automated way and analyze it to study the consumption behavior for improving efficiency as well as the economics of electricity use. These smart lights and thermostats allow users to control their lighting, heating and cooling remotely. IoT connected appliances can help homeowners or business houses to save on energy cost by automatically shutting the lights off when no one is around. So even if you forgot to adjust the energy of the thermostat before leaving, smart energy appliances could automatically combat unnecessary energy usage to help increase savings.
- IoT Healthcare: IoT has also penetrated the healthcare industry, where it empowers doctors and hospitals to monitor their patients' health remotely. IoT software solutions help collect data using connected medical devices like heart monitors. It works best in the interest of the well-being of people in general. In the coming year, IoT in healthcare is aimed at empowering people to live a healthier life by wearing connected devices. In fact, even insurance companies are encouraging their customers to wear a fitness band. They hope that this watch will encourage users to lead healthier lives, and that would mean fewer insurance claims for them.
Following features are crucial for the internet of things (IoT) software:
- Modular and Future-Proof: Your IoT operating system should be able to connect with any device, machine, or sensor over any network. Plus, it should be future-ready for enterprise integration, API management, and machine learning. Such flexibility will allow you to scale and multiply.
- Information Security: Generally, the information security measures required to operate an IoT software are much higher than general software services and applications. This is because hundreds of devices are connected with an IoT platform, and so there is a severe need to anticipate a proportional number of vulnerabilities. The network connection between the software and IoT devices needs to be encrypted with a robust encryption mechanism. However, if low-cost IoT software platforms cannot support advances access control, they need to implement alternative measures. For example, they will require to change passwords regularly, support updateable firmware by way of authentication, and more.
- Data Collection Protocols: Another essential feature to look out for is the types of protocols used for data communication between different components of the IoT software platform. For instance, a lightweight communication protocol should be used to enable low energy use as low network bandwidth functionality.
- Data Analytics: It's crucial that all the data collected from the sensors need to be analyzed smartly. Four types of analytics can be conducted on IoT data: real-time, predictive, batch, and interactive analytics.
By 2020, there will be a more massive amount of 'connected things.' Gartner predicted that by the end of 2020, there would be over 14 billion connected devices and over 25 billion devices by the end of 2021. These numbers itself confirm that the Internet of Things (IoT) will be one of the biggest game-changers and trends in 2020.
Here are the key trends in IoT software:
- Standardization of Data Collection Protocol: Soon enough, we will have hundreds of applications to interface with hundreds of devices that don't share protocols for speaking with one another. To improve user interaction, there needs to be certain standards for communication between devices to solve this problem. Prominent technology leaders are getting together to build a standard system of data collection protocol.
- IoT Synergy with Machine Learning and AR: A wide array of IoT applications integrate machine learning capabilities, image recognition, augmented reality, and blockchain. In fact, one of the most promising applications of IoT in manufacturing markets — predictive maintenance — is built on the integration of machine learning into IoT infrastructure.
Internet of Things (IoT) Related Articles
Making complex IoT technology simple
Blynk is one of the most popular internet of things platform that offers software, web solutions, firmware, and mobile apps. It incorporates private clouds, device management, data analytics, and machine learning into the system.
Accelerates your digital ecosystem
Dell Boomi offers an IoT platform that lets you connect everything you need — people, technology, applications, and data, among other things. It is built on an advanced distributed architecture that enables easy cloud-native integration.
Maintenance management IoT software
Fracttal is a cloud-based system that helps you gain more control over your inventory levels, stock purchases, and inventory management costs. It integrates the IIoT and Big Data to enable industries and organizations to achieve complete optimization of their processes.
Predictive analysis internet of things (IoT) software
Wolfram Mathematica is a software used for internet of things that handles all facets of technical computing. It includes visualizations, machine learning, data science, and image processing. Plus, the system is continually expanding and is available for on-premise deployment.
Internet of things analytics by Hitachi
Pentaho's IoT analytics tools easily prepare and blend sensor and machine data with other data asses to provide a great insight to help with smart decision making. It helps uncover patterns in equipment and device data with machine-learning tools.
Best IoT software by Google
Google Cloud IoT offers a comprehensive suite of tools that assists in connecting, processing, and analyzing data. It helps accelerate business agility and the decision-making process. It offers an integrated software stack with machine learning capabilities for all your IoT needs.
IoT management software by Nobel Systems
Geoviewer Mobile, IoT, and Billing is a software that unifies many field and operational processes to help manage back office to field operations. It uses the latest cloud-based technology and GIS tools. Additionally, it can integrate with many legacy systems.
IoT operating system for successful business transformation
iGrafx is one of the best IoT software that enables companies and organizations to improve their productivity in terms of effective business processes. It captures, centralizes, and share methods knowledge, which result in easy and quick collaboration.
Industrial IoT software
Applicare is an industrial IoT software designed by administrators and performance experts to improve the performance and stability of enterprise applications. It uses Arcturus IntelliTrace and IntelliSense technologies to monitor the process and self-detect problems.
Software used for IoT
DevicePilot is the SaaS-based software that provides the analytical tools needed to analyze performance, track KPI's, and trigger actions from IoT devices. And, you don't even require any technical skills to access the data from the dashboard.
IoT device management software
SpinalBIM Suite is a dynamic BIM software that integrates easily with an application enablement platform to create any app by using data from IoT sensors, CMMS, etc. Moreover, it helps improve collaboration, task automation, and site management.
Leading analytical and reporting platform
BuildingOS is one of the best IoT software that is designed to manage building performance. It provides complete visibility into your building portfolio to enhance sustainability, improve building operations while increasing the employees' productivity.
Integrated IoT software solution
Drawbase Enterprise offers a full range of professional services needed for a successful implementation. It provides tools for site assessments, integrations to legacy products, and data migration. It has a well-established partnership with solutions like IMB Maximo.
IoT software solutions
CYBEATS is an IoT device management software that protects IoT devices throughout their lifecycle. It takes a unique 'inside-out' approach to cybersecurity. It is best suited for companies that manufacture, integrate, or deploy IoT devices in the enterprise.
Analytical solutions by SkyFoundry
SkySpark is an analytical platform that automatically analyzes data from metering systems, building automation systems, and other smart devices. It helps identify faults and patterns, and opportunities that can contribute to cost reduction and operational improvements.
Commercial MQTT Broker for any IoT Implementation
MQTTRoute is the commercial MQTT Broker application which can be used for any IoT implementation. The highly extendable Broker with powerful visualization, customizable data storage & ML / AI integration.
Highly scalable distributed server for large scale
Bevywise IoT platform is a SaaS-based highly extendable server implementation to connect & manage devices. It provides absolute MQTT protocol support with device management functionality.
IoT Simulator for IoT & MQTT Application testing
Bevywise IoT simulator is a lucid data simulation tool to inspect & examine the performance level of IoT / MQTT Application. Test & demo real time IOT application and IoT devices in a Simple and easy way.
Society Management Solution for a Smart Society
mynukad is a unique society management platform with features to secure, automate and smartly govern any residential complex. Leave hassles of visitor tracking, helper tracking, complaint resolutions, vehicle security and many more.
Enterprise IoT Platform and Solutions
WebNMS IoT is a leading provider of Enterprise IoT software platform and solutions. It is the Internet of Things division of Zoho Corporation. WebNMS Platform is customizable and engineered with tools and features that offers end to end IoT functionalities.
The most flexible IoT platform for your business
Kaa is an IoT enablement technology applicable for any scale of enterprise IoT development. It provides a range of features that allow building advanced applications for smart products, flexibly managing device ecosystems, orchestrating end-to-end data processing etc.
software development, custom software development
HQSoftware is a software development company with a focus on IoT, AR/VR solutions. We provide the full range of software and web application development services.
DECODING THE LARGER WORLD OF PSEUDO-CONNECTED
The Qliktag Product Data Cloud & IoT Platform is engineered to power new-age product information-driven commerce.The Qliktag or unique IoT digital ID tag assigned to products, instances or things opens the door to the Internet of Things (IOT) applications.
The IoT Design and Delivery Platform
Seebo is an Industry 4.0 SaaS platform with predictive maintenance and quality solutions that help manufacturers cut downtime, boost production yield, and minimize product faults.
FleetRobo IoT and Telematics Solutions
FleetRobo renowned for providing best-in-class customization and scale-able fleet management solution. Easy-to-use application available on Mobile and Web- Interface. Advanced vehicle tracking solution with add-on features.