Many online retailers must be thinking on the ways to improve and grow their eCommerce business in 2015 and making it a profitable year. The online retail market is growing at peak these days. With increasing competition, online retailers need to continually grow their revenue by implementing needful strategies to cover their rising operating costs. Growing your online shop requires clever marketing strategies to keep you ahead of the competition.
Here’s our list of marketing strategies for the online shop owner to try in 2015.
- Strong relation-bond with customers: Lack of in-person connection with customers is one of the greatest drawbacks of Ecommerce. The trend goes like- people visit the site, they purchase what they like, make the payment and once you ship the goods to them, it’s over. But now the situation is just opposite to it. Developing personal relationships with customers helps to grow your business in today’s eCommerce sphere. It may be through phone, live chat or any social media marketing. You can go through this article “Give a Personal Touch to Your Online Store” to read more on personalizing an online store.
- Target Niche markets: eCommerce is basically about establishing or designing a site to reach an audience that share common interest. It is advantageous to know your customer needs and wants and thus accordingly bring in more relevant products. In 2015, make sure that every new product you carry is super relevant to your customer and less focus on the number of products you carry.
- Content marketing: Content marketing is a cornerstone of your marketing platform. More consumers are growing into digital information, constantly scrolling through headlines, looking through photos and videos. Content should be in a way that is eye-capturing to your customers. Top tips to capture ideal customer’s attention are:
- Indulge in consistent blogging. Create useful posts for your target people.
- Consistent email newsletter, may be once a month. Don’t just hit the mail with hard sell. Send short mails to customer that gives them value.
- Show multiple images for a product.
- Go Multichannel: Create multi-channels offerings of products so that your customers can experience your brand consistently. Consider the channels in relation to your customer base and product line. Make sure that the products you sell via different channels are sufficiently differentiated for price differences.
- Mobile Optimisation: Responsive and attractive web design is now an essential requirement of an eCommerce site and your best move in 2015 will be to go beyond this by optimising the mobile experience for your customers.More than 50% of all ecommerce traffic now comes through mobile. Browsing for products online via mobile devices is rising on high scale as compared to desktop. To stay competitive, merchants increasingly need to implement mobile-friendly responsive online shops or mobile applications so that more mobile viewers can be converted into customers. Material design by google is the latest up gradation in mobile design & implementing this one will lead to getting more popularity.
- Email Campaign: Email is gaining most conversion traffic in Ecommerce. In order to make customers visit your website, you need to go to them.You can automate emails that are sent during your sales process and the different scenarios that trigger these emails. Online sales really get a boost when the emails include timely offers, like a special sale or discounts at a new product, sending thank you mail for the order etc.
- Sell Internet-Only Merchandise: This strategy helps to build an exclusive brand — with eCommerce as the core distribution channel. By offering goods that are not available elsewhere and selling them directly to the consumer online, you can maintain much greater control over your margins.
2015 will not be the first year for many eCommerce stores but it might be too challenging. Using the right strategy for your store will help you to turn your customer into loyal customers with exceptional customer service. Each strategy positions online retailers to capitalize on opportunities to capture more market share and thus make 2015 a profitable year.
If you are a new one to build your own online store, you can go with some of this best ecommerce platforms.