What is Paybooks?
Paybooks is the leading provider of online payroll software and payroll outsourcing services in India. Services offered: 1. Cloud based Payroll software: 2. Payroll Outsourcing Services
Paybooks Starting Price
$ 42/Per Month
Our Awards and Recognition
Key Features of Paybooks
- Attendance management
- Loan & Advances Management
- Document Management
- Employee Self Service Management
- Exit Management & Seperation Management
- Expense Management
- HR & Payroll
- Mobile Support
- Multiuser Login & Role-based access control
- Payroll Management
- Reimbursement Management
- Statutory Compliances
- Taxation Management
- Time & Attendance Management
- Employee Data Base
- Pay Slip
- Leave Management
- Compatibility with Swap Card
- Formula Defined Salary Calculation
- Arrears Calculation
- Multi Company
- Data Security
- Salary Adjustment
- Workflow Management
- MIS Reports
- Integration with Biometric
- Events & Reminders
- Excel Import
- PF/ESIS Calculation
- Salary Information & History
- Live Support
- Payroll Processing
- Direct Salary Payment
- Leave & Expense
- Biometric Device Integration
- Loans & Advances
- Salary Increment
- Bank Statement
- Payroll MIS Reports
- Employee Information Management
- Employee Onboarding
- Employee Exit
- Document Management
- Letters & Forms
- Income Tax
- Provident Fund
- Professional Tax
- Employee State Insurance
- Up to 30 employees
- Everything in Regular, Plus:
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Shift Management
- Single Sign On
- Rest API Access
- Active Directory Integration
- 3rd Party Integration
Paybooks is the leading provider of online payroll software and payroll outsourcing services in India. More than 3,000+ companies in India trust Paybooks for payroll management.
- Cloud based Payroll software: Key features of online payroll software are payroll management, direct salary payment, employee self-service app, leave and expense management, biometric attendance, etc. Price of software starts at Rs. 1,800/month. Free trial of software is available for 30 days.
- Payroll Outsourcing: Services covered are salary and tax calculation, compliance management, filing of returns, investment proofs verification, liaisoning with govt. departments, payroll reports preparation, answering queries of employees, employee lifecycle management, updates on changes in laws, mobile app for employees, etc.
Payroll is an essential process for any and all business organizations. It is a recurring function that any organization necessarily needs to carry out every month. So it only makes sense that you should be able to do so in a simplified, cost-effective manner.
Paybooks can take care of all your end-to-end payroll activities, simplifying and enhancing the entire process.
If your organization is looking for a solution to optimize your payroll activities, or a new option to replace your existing payroll software, Paybooks is the way to go. If our review fails to convince you, just opt for their 7 day free trial and find out yourself.
Paybooks is one of India’s leading, budget and user-friendly online payroll solutions. The biggest attractions are its simplicity, easy-to-use pre-configured modules and user-oriented interface, making it appropriate even for administrators/HR professionals who are first-time payroll software users.
Along with the desktop software, it has an online self-service app for employees. Paybooks strives to provide the best online payroll services while complying with the requisite statutes, making payroll processing and distribution of salaries less time-consuming and more resource-efficient for your payroll/HR Department!
Various Offerings that Paybooks Payroll Solutions Provides:
Paybooks hosts two separate portals: for employees and administrators.
1. Employee Portal
The employee can log in to his/her employee self-service portal through the desktop or mobile app version of Paybooks. The mobile app is easy to use and lightweight.
Here, the employee can apply for a Leave Request by selecting the kind of leave he requires (sick/paid/casual). He has to mention the date/s of the leave required and the reason for the same.
Once the leave request is sent, an email goes directly to the reporting manager, who can approve it. The status of the leave approval is also visible to the employee. The process is simple and quick, and the need for any paperwork is eliminated.
The employee can submit the work expenses for which she requires reimbursement. The type of expense and the amount is input by the employee, and a receipt/proof for the same can also be uploaded if necessary. The same approval workflow as the leave request is followed here as well.
An overview of the monthly payslip is visible to the employee here, and a more detailed version can be downloaded by him in PDF format.
Tax Planning and FBP
A unique and incredibly useful feature of Paybooks, tax planning makes life easier for employees and employers. The employee can view taxes and deductions available under different heads, such as House Rent, Medical & Leave Travel Allowance, Other Income & Losses, Provident Fund, Insurance & Mutual Funds.
It enables employees to control their taxes fully and helps them make an informed choice regarding various avenues of investment and savings available to them.
Similarly, employees can choose their benefits from the allowances available to them. They have to submit a claim and its proof and then wait for it to be approved.
Apart from these main modules, the employee can access various other reports such as Form 16 and the Income Tax computation report.
Paybooks allow your employees to stay abreast of various developments that affect their earnings. It gives them an easily accessible, transparent platform to help them manage their leaves, expenses, benefits, and taxes at their own convenience.
2. Admin Portal
This is where the actual payroll processing and release take place. The Admin portal necessarily has more extension modules that are loaded with functionalities. This is evident from the dashboard, which gives you the payroll summary (the net/gross salary paid to date), compliance reports, the most recent joiners added to the system and quick links to your most used functions.
You can manage a few vital payroll processes (such as adding new employees) from the dashboard.
Before you start, you need to perform a one-time configuration of a few important components, such as:
Company Profile: details such as the name, logo, and statutory compliance details.
Company Roles: Employee logins and basic salary according to the role.
Locations: Configure settings for different branches of your business.
Leaves: Configure the leave structure according to your company policy
Holidays: Set weekly offs and adds the general company/public holiday list
PF Rules: Configure the Provident Fund according to the requisite statutory requirements.
Salary Components: This is the CTC breakup for each of your employees. Add/delete the components as per your company's requirements.
- Add a new employee simply by clicking the ‘+’ icon.
- You are required to add the relevant photo, Personal (name, contact details, address) and Official details (employment type, role, reporting manager, department), PF/ESI information, leave details (pro-rata basis/other), and any other relevant information.
- Under salary configuration, all you have to do is enter the CTC; the rest is taken care of as the structure has already been configured for the whole organization.
- Once these details have been submitted, the new employee will appear on the dashboard.
Paybooks has a simple, easy-to-follow sequence of steps for when you want to go through with processing the month’s salaries.
- Firstly, select the branch you want to process and run the payroll.
- You will be directed to the attendance section, where you can upload the basic/detailed attendance in the Paybooks Excel template if you keep manual records. In the more likely event that you have an integrated biometric attendance solution, the Biometric Sync Attendance option will import all the biometric attendance data to Paybooks.
- If any adjustments, such as bonuses, incentives and etc, are to be made, you can do so with the Adjust Pay option.
- Now, you can run payroll for a specific employee or in batches. If necessary, you can also keep specific employees’ salaries on hold.
- The next step is to confirm the payroll. You will get a summary of the earnings, deductions, and net pay each employee will receive. A preview of the payslip is also available.
- Now all you have to do is ‘lock’ the payroll and publish the payslips to the employees. Your payroll has been processed!
You can always ‘unlock’ the payroll in case any changes are required to be made.
Run Payroll ensures that your salaries are released on time and with 100% accuracy.
A host of different reports are available on Paybooks. Its library of 65+ standard reports ensures that you never face an incorrectly formatted or inaccurate report again.
Choose from among various salary reports, statutory reports dealing with TDS, ESI and etc, leave reports, attrition reports, and reimbursement reports, to name a few.
If your organization needs custom reports beyond standard reports, you can easily create professional reports on the Report Designer.
So, that concludes the basic run-through of how Paybooks essentially works and its most prominent functionalities.
Two bonus features that are unique to the software and must not go unmentioned are:
1. ICICI Bank Integration
Paybooks has gone the extra mile in making payroll processing much more convenient for its clients. Its partnership with ICICI Bank allows users to pay employees and have salaries credited instantaneously to their ICICI accounts.
When you initiate the payment from Paybooks, login to your ICICI Corporate Internet Banking Portal to approve it, and voilà, your employees receive the payment within minutes. It eliminates the need to visit the bank, prepare checks, issue payment orders, or do any tedious tasks previously associated with payroll processing.
2. Payroll Outsourcing
Although this is a paid service separate from the standard user package, it is remarkable nonetheless. Your organization can outsource its payroll functions to Paybooks, whose payroll experts will handle all your payroll processes. At the same time, you can focus on other facets of your business.
Paybooks will take care of the end-to-end payroll activities for your firm while implementing best practices in payroll implementation and compliance with payroll laws. You don’t have to worry about payroll functions again; let Paybooks take care of them for you!
Paybooks streamline your payroll processes without burning a hole in your pocket. Moreover, its pricing makes its plethora of features even more significant: they are a steal at this price!
Paybooks has provided a payroll solution appropriate for businesses of all sizes. Still, suppose you run a startup or a relatively new business looking to make its way up the ladder. In that case, Paybooks ensures that getting your employees paid on time and making the right benefits available to them while complying with the requisite statutory laws takes place in a smooth, cost-effective and simplified manner.
Any functionality you could ask for in an ideal payroll solution, Paybooks has it. Features such as payroll outsourcing and the ICICI bank integration exemplify Paybooks's commitment to making payroll processing a smooth, hassle-free activity for its users. So if your business is looking for a product to supercharge its payroll activities, Paybooks is the way to go!
Netsuite, Perk Finance, Wealthy, Oracle Fusion, iLeap
Paybooks Pros and Cons
"The software is simple, compliant with state and central govt policies and has a great customer support."
"UI is simple and easy to use; data security is concern"
"The software works in good speed. Has many features which are useful for a company. It has features of download statutory registers too & the team are very supportive to guide you in case of discrepencies."
"User interface can be improved where people should be easily able to locate it visually. Otherwise everything is great."
"Salary Slips not available on time will have to wait till 5th of next month to it; small size of tax document submission window; leaves not updated as per new leaves; no updates in real-time"
Paybooks Reviews (9)
How much does Paybooks cost?
The starting price of Paybooks is $ 42/Per Month. It has different pricing plans:
- REGULAR PLAN : $ 42/Per Month
- PREMIUM PLAN : $ 4999/Per Month
Paybooks also provides a free trial to users.
What apps do Paybooks integrate with?
Paybooks integrates with various apps:
- Perk Finance
- Oracle Fusion
What are the top 5 features for Paybooks?
The top 5 features for Paybooks are:
- Attendance management
- Loan & Advances Management
- Document Management
- Employee Self Service Management